Website Migration

Hi, I create website for client and i create on my domain first and now after finish it, i want to migrate to their domain. I’m using Pro instead of X.

I noticed in the forum that would be simple using All-in-One WP Migration Plugin, the other post said that it will be better manually using WP Migrate DB. Which one is best, I want to move everything including the layerslider, media, page, etc. Kindly inform me the best step to step to migrate this website.

Thank you.

Best,
Rendy.

Hello Rendy,

This is actually a matter of preference whichever you are comfortable using.

We have a KB article that addresses this question. Please check it here:

For further information, please check this link:

https://xthemeusers.com/migrate-wordpress-website/

Hope this helps.

Hi, I follow step by step in your KB article. I also rechecked the path, everything was correct, but after exporting in migrate DB, it failed to download and said the export file not available. I checked in file manager and yes, the exported file not exist there.

How to mitigate this? Thank you.

Best,
Rendy

Hey Rendy,

You will need to contact the migration plugin’s support for this because packing or generating the export file is within the migration plugin’s functions and not with X, Cornerstone nor Pro.

Our migration article is only a guide. As you can see, we listed alternative plugins in there so you have other methods. We just gave an idea on how to migrate your site but we do not have support for migration issues.

We love to help but this is really beyond the scope of our support.

Thank you for understanding.

I have solve the problem, thank you anyaway. Another thing, when import the database in new domain, should i install the pro theme first prior import them? or i should install theme after the database has been imported?

Thank you.

Best,
Rendy

Hi Rendy,

You may have all the site files migrated to the online server then import the database although the order on how you do this should not matter as long as you able to correctly import the database, migrate the site files, update the wp-config.php file and have the reference to the development site URL updated to the live URL.

Hope this helps…

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.