Was Classic Element Removed

Dear Support,

Was the Class Element removed/deprecated from the list of elements at some point? I have 4 sites that use this element on every page. I am currently building a new page and do not see it in the element panel

Here is an screen shot example of one being used on one of my older sites…

Hi There @baddog,

Thanks for writing in! All of our classic elements are still available as you can see it on our knowledge base section here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/knowledge-base-overview/287).

Your screenshot seems to be an element that comes from a 3rd party extension. In such cases, you need to contact the 3rd party developer to resolve this issue.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

It is not a 3rd party anything. I caught my company logo in the screen grab so maybe that through you off??

I went back in and deleted the title that I gave the element and it defaulted to “Custom Section 3” I do not know why there is a “3” in the default title but…anyway there is also no “Classic Section” element in the classic element section either

I have attached another image that shows the attributes to this element, maybe that will help

Hi @baddog,

First off, please ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility).

Now, X and PRO theme has this feature named Permissions where you can turn off a certain element, or turn off all classic element and use only the V2 element or vice versa, you can see these options under PRO > Settings > Permissions

More details about Permissions here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you, that worked but the concern now is how did that one specific classic element get turned off. This is a brand new install of the theme and I am up to date on WordPress as well. I have not touched the permissions at alle I installed Pro a week ago. Yet, I had access to the Classic and V2 elements after the install. Are some speciric elemenet, Classic or V2 turned off by default?

Thanks for the assist

Hi @baddog,

By default all Classic and V2 elements are ON and available.
Settings might be corrupted. Rechecking the permissions and resaving it helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.