Visual Composer WP Bakery Page Builder | Update Failed: Download failed. A valid URL was not provided

WordPress 5.2
X Theme 6.5.5
WP Bakery Page Builder 5.7

Me website is built with content bands–one set to be visibly on mobile and the other set to be visible on desktop. I checked my site today and noticed that both sets were showing. I thought that perhaps there was an issue with my custom CSS, but when I logged in I noticed that Visual Composer was not working entirely. My entire page was replaced with code and I am unable to edit it. When I went to updated Visual Composer WP Bakery Page Builder to the newest version (6.0.2) I received the error message “Update Failed: Download failed. A valid URL was not provided.” I’m hoping you can tell me a quick/simple way to fix this issue. Thank you!

Hello @laurenrundquist,

Thank you for the details. Please be advised that the latest supported version of WP Bakery Page Builder is only 5.7. You can check out that out here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

We are still testing 6.0.2 for any conflicts and compatibility issues. We will be releasing the plugin updates in our Theme.co plugin repository once we finished testing anytime soon.

By the way, please make sure that the “Legacy X Integration” in WPBakery Page Builder > General is enabled. This might be the reason why you are seeing those codes in the page contents.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

A quick/simple fix indeed!

Clicking the “Legacy X Integration” checkbox seemed to fix both the page contents and the custom CSS. I wonder how that got thrown off in the first place? Either way, things are looking good…for now.

Thank you!

Glad the issue’s sorted out, Lauren. The Legacy X Integration option was enabled in the past but now you need to opt in to use it. The reason for that can be found in our past Release Note: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-3-x-6-3-cornerstone-3-3/44607

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.