Visual Composer Won't Update / License Not Found

Getting the following message on the Visual Composer plugin:

There is a new version of WPBakery Visual Composer available. View version 5.2 details. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin. To receive automatic updates license activation is required. Please visit settings to activate your Visual Composer. Got Visual Composer in theme?

When I try to re-activate it, I get a “No License Found” message from WPBakery.

Please help!

I don’t believe the newest version is supported just yet through the newest X Theme. I just purchased it manually and updated.

1 Like

Thanks to a poster on different thread for this: Check your Cornerstone Plugin is activated. Mine had been deactivated with the theme update. This will bring VC back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, Liza.
Actually did that first, then got a notice that a VC update was available.

Thanks.

I’m somewhat new to this process of the included plugins being offered/updated through the theme developer.

Seems like there should be a bit more communications with the customer about what you get in terms of updates, and the wait times you’ll experience until they’re available to actually update.

1 Like

Howdy Everyone,

Please refer to this link for all integrated plugins and the version compatible with the theme:

Usually after updates, we have some notes that you can find here:

It is always recommended to use the version compatible with the theme because that is what is tested. Those bundled plugins doesn’t need activation. You may ignore the update notice as long as you’re using the version stated on the link.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Glad to see the issue is solved.

We need to test all the addons before releasing on automatic updates, that is the reason why we have a window between the plugin release and our addon update release.

Hope it clarifies.

Cheers!

This worked for my issue, as well!

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

Cheers!

Hi,

I have the same problem as mentioned at the beginning of the post.
I updated the x Theme now and the wordpress, butI steel cannot update the visual Composer and cannot edit any pages.

Please help…

Thank you and kind regards,
Darya

@skyland2, please uninstall Visual Composer and install again thru X > Overview. If that doesn’t help, please open a separate thread and provide your WP Admin credentials in a Secure Note.

Thanks.