Visual composer problem with x theme, elements appearing as shortcodes within text blocks

Hi, I have purchased 5 licenses for this product and just updated one of them (the first), upon going into all pages & posts the pages display correctly on the front end, however in the back end each visual composer element is wrapped as a shortcode inside a text element and i can no longer edit each component within the admin section for each page or post.

Is there something i have missed or updated incorrectly? i am using version 6.4.2 of the x theme and version 5.6 of visual composer, in other sites i have updated and other themes, upon updating visual composer from 5.5 to 5.6 all these shortcodes spring to life as elements this is the first template that has not done this and has left them looking more like the guttenburg editor, it appears to have understood rows and columns but not individual components, please help.

I have updated the x theme to 6.4.3 and the problem is still present across all pages and posts, everything seems to be wrapped within a text element as a shortcode, incuding text elements.

Hi There @in2pcs

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. Since you’re using visual composer, first make sure to enable legacy X integration by following this post (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/theme-x-6-3-8-breaks-my-site/46673/2?u=mldarshana).

Also please check the PHP version running on your server and make sure to use PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues.

You can enable WP_DEBUG mode on your WordPress by following this guide (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG) and then try re-visiting your pages and see if you’re getting any PHP errors.

If you have any active child theme, disable your child theme by activating your parent X theme and see if you’re experiencing any issues related to your child theme customizations.

Further, you can also disable your 3rd party plugins except Visual Composer and Cornerstone and see if you’re experiencing any plugin conflict. If the issue is resolved, you can then activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing the issue.

In case if you cannot isolate the issue, kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Firstly let me thank you for getting back to me so quickly, i can see today has been quite an active day, by enabling legacy x integration this fixed my problem straight away, all is good with x theme and wordpress 5.0.1.

We’re glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.