Visual Composer possible conflict

Hello support - we are experiencing two issue with Visual Composer - perhaps related:
For http://www.premiumwholesaleflorist.com/X1/
This homepage was built entirely with VC and Ultimate addon.
If you scroll down toward the bottom of the page, you will see the ‘Our Blog’ and ‘Our Team’ sections.
1a. Until a few days ago the recent posts tool was displaying 3 recent posts correctly – now, although they are configured correctly in the backend they do not show in the front end. We have tried deleting the element and reinstalling, but same issue.

1b. Underneath the ‘Our team is an image block that should be displaying a team image – this is VC not Ultimate Addons, but I thought I would ask – similarly, this image does not show in the front, even after being replaced with a new image.

1. I do note that VC has an update – but when we try to do the update, we get a url error. VC tells us that this is theme related and that your code disables auto-update, and that you can help us by explaining where to disable the code.

Thank you,
Please let me know if you have any questions, Ned

Hey,

To check this possible conflict, wed like to know if you could post some logins details in a secure note and wed be happy to take a look.

P.S: You can search by “secure note” on this article if you don`t know about this: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/themeco-support-overview/288

This is the one where I cannot updated Visual Composer, supposedly because X-Theme does not allow automatic updates. However, other plugins update fine. Please advise.

Hi there,

You provided the login information publicly which is insecure, I changed the post and added the information to a Secure Note.

You can use the Secure Note button to give us sensitive private information. Thank you.

First of all please kindly consider that we do not release latest versions of the plugins at once we do extensive checking to make sure that the extensions will work correctly, so please kindly read the bundled version section of the article below:

Now regarding the problem, I checked your website and could not find why this is happening. My guess is that there is a cache of some kind which prevents us to see the changes in the front end of the website. To make sure kindly add a new page and try to add the same options in the new page and see if it shows correctly.

If that is the case you need to purge all your website caches and maybe consult with your hosting service provider to know if they have any cache system.

Thank you

Hello, thank you for this, but it does not answer my other question - I get an error when I try to upgrade VC. VC is telling me this is because X-Theme will not allow automatic updates - and we should modify the X-Theme code. However, other plugins update. The theme version of VC is installed - if we install pro will this go away or do you have any specific advice on how I can address this issue?

Thank you.
ned.vansise@digitalbeach.org

Hi there,

The visual composer version which we support in our theme is modified and the difference from the original version. So you can not use the original version of VC and it is the same with Pro and changing to Pro will not do anything regarding this.

The other point is that the modified version will not be available as soon as the original version update releases. As mentioned in the previous answer we need time to make any new version of the VC compatible with our theme and make sure it works correctly.

Now I know that you see the update message to the Visual Composer but you should ignore that till we release our version which you can use. You can always check for new versions in our changelog:

https://theme.co/changelog/

And the Version compatibility page:

Thank you for your understanding and patience.