Visual Composer not working - error on rendering the Theme

The frontend and backend option on the Visual Composer doesn’t load.
I deleted the plugin and installed and activated again, still nothing.

This is the error on Developer tools:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
custom_views.js:81 Uncaught TypeError: _.template(…).trim is not a function
at n.addControls (custom_views.js:81)
at n.render (frontend_editor.js:242)
at n.render (custom_views.js:54)
at n.render (custom_views.js:307)
at vc.ShortcodesBuilder.renderShortcode (shortcodes_builder.js:197)
at vc.ShortcodesBuilder._renderBlockCallback (shortcodes_builder.js:166)
at vc.ShortcodesBuilder. (shortcodes_builder.js:99)
at load-scripts.php:163
at Function.m.each.m.forEach (load-scripts.php:163)
at vc.ShortcodesBuilder.buildFromContent (shortcodes_builder.js:86)
theme.co/x/demo/integrity/1/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/06/bg-integrity-1.png:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

1 Like

Hello @rebecalvarez,

Thank you for writing in. :slight_smile:

There can be a multiple factor that can cause that issue, please do the following.

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. While you’re at it, please deactivate this caching feature while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Remove custom Javascript and custom templates (if any).

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi, it is not allowing me to update cornerstone. when I try to deactivate and delete, it won’t go through. I tried deleting the plugin but when i try to activate, I get this message “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.”

Hello Rebeca,

Thanks for providing the information. It turns out that you are using an older version (4.0.4) of the X theme. Please have it updated because X 6.3.8 is now available in automatic updates.This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version first and then you can proceed to update Cornerstone. If you cannot update the theme, please do it manually. You might need to check out “Manual Updates” section in https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

the front end and back end are working. Just the headings I can’t center. What would be the problem?. I am adding the center property, and it doesn’t move.

Hello Rebeca,

I have logged in to your site and check the page in WP Page Builder. It turns out that the headers are in two columns which is why no matter what you do, it will not be centered. If you want it centered, you will need to create another row container with one column in it and place the title there.

Hope this helps.

Hi, thank you for checking it out, but that’s not a headline,
Please see attached

Hello Rebeca,

There is something that is missing in the column settings not taking place. I have edited the page and added a custom css instead:

#x-content-band-6 .x-column,
.fullwidth-column {
    width: 100%;
}

Please check your page again.

Thank you, the rest of the headings are still on the left, I am guessing I have to do that one by one?
Thanks!

Hi There,

Please also add this custom CSS:

.x-content-band .x-column span {
    display: block;
}

.x-content-band .x-column {
    width: 100%;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! it worked!!

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.