Visual Composer not updating! again

Why is this happening and when I’ve taken the suggested steps provided by someone who is “Staff” the plugin still doesn’t update.

Hi @adubs777,

I wonder if you are trying to update the Visual Composer tp version 5.7? If that is the case it is not possible as we did not release that version yet.

Please kindly check the latest compatible version of the Visual Composer below:

Kindly, check the article above periodically to find out when we will support that version.

Thank you.

thanks, I think since you’re offering that plugin as part of the initial purchase package of Xtheme that such included plugins should always be compatible for updating according to the original updates.

that’s just a common sense sort of opinion that i hope your team has addressed.

Hi,

Yes, that’s correct but please note that when a plugin update is released by a third party developer, we need some time to make some changes on the plugin integration and test it thoroughly with the theme first before we can release the plugin for automatic updates. We just need to make sure that the new version is completely compatible with theme.

As my colleague have stated please check the version compatibility page periodically to check if the plugin is ready for an update.

Thanks

Same here! Would like to be able to update it. We have it from our x theme license.

Hi Mike,

If you’re still referring for updating to the version provided by the plugin author itself then it’s not really possible. You can only update it to the version we have provided.

We can’t just release the versions just because the author releases new versions, it’s subject for testing first.

Thanks!

all the other plugins included with X theme seem to update without errors. Surely there is a way to allow updates to all included plugins to be current with the original from the source. I just keep finding more problems with this theme as I go. I’m not saying you cause problems but maybe you and your team of staff are not aware or are aware of such issues and allow things to be that way because it gets more “customers” to purchase extra hidden “tax” on “tax” on “tax” on “tax” I think you get my point. Deny it all you want that’s ok, I always find a way especially now that I see more clearly what is what.

Truth is a way to goodness, goodness is the elongated path to godness(that which is nameless or name of your choice for lack of better words).
Everything of this physical plane seems to be deception.

Hello @adubs777,

Please be aware of the type of licenses being involved in the plugins. In order to update the plugins from the author, you must register or validate the product using a license. This would apply if you have purchased the plugin separately. In X theme, most of the plugins were bundled thus, it does not have any licenses provided. In this case, you will have to update the plugins from our Theme.co repository. We are the ones who will provide these updates because we are entitled to. Before it happens, we still have to test for conflicts, bugs and issues between the plugin and the theme. When the plugin update has been tested and it is stable, then it will be available in our Theme.co repository which will then allow you to update the plugin via automatic updates in Dashboard > Updates or in the plugin’s section.

By the way, we are not the ones who are controlling the licenses. Please check out this FAQ regarding the licenses so that you will have a better understanding of how licenses in themes, plugins and bundled plugins works.

Hope this explains it briefly.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.