Visual Composer no longer working

Hi, My visual composer is no longer working. I get a spinning wheel with message: Loading, please wait…
I have disabled all plugins but to no avail.
I have searched extensively on how to update X theme to latest version but have not been able to do.
I do have latest wordpress version.
Please help

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

Hi There,

What’s your backend login URL ? I’ve got the following error when I tried to load the default WordPress backend login URL.

Let us know.
Thanks!

Pasted backend URL in secure note.
Thank you.

Hi There,

Unfortunately, the login URL you have shared is just showing as 404 page not found.

posted different URL in secure note.

BTW how to I reply to your messages with a secure note? I only see the inline option.

Thanks,

barry

Also, I don’t get a notification to say you’ve replied. Is this something I need to switch on?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! You can only create the secure note after you reply. To know more how to get support and more about secure note, please check it here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Moreover, I have inspected your site. It turns out that you are using an out dated version of X, you are still using X shortcodes and Visual composer is still 4.1.2. Most of the time, out dated WordPress, theme and plugins will definitely generate more issues in your site.

You are several versions behind because our latest versions are:
X: 5.1.1
Visual Composer: 5.0.1

X Shortcodes has long been deprecated since X 4.0. Please deactivate and delete X Shortcodes plugin. Please take note that X shortcodes and its functionality has been consolidated into Cornerstone which is installed by going to X > Overview if you have the latest version of X.

I know this is to much to take. Please do not update just yet. Since you are several versions behind, I would highly recommend that you create a staging site first. This is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

I have checked the theme folder but there is no plugin folder named Visual Composer. So I need the updated plugin zip file named - Visual Composer

Hi again,

In the latest version of theme Visual Composer and other extensions can be installed via X > Overview section and scroll down to find Visual Composer and click Install.

Hope this helps!