Visual Composer no longer centering text

Hey,

After the last update, I’m no longer to center simple text.
The text alignment button no longer works and if I add the tags manually, they do not survive after hitting update.

Any ideas what I can update to get the functionally back?

Thanks,

J

Hi Jhaysin,

Thank you for writing in, please provide us the direct page URL and point us the text with the issue so we can take a closer look.

In the meantime, please confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme, Visual Composer, and other Plugins)

You can find the latest version numbers here, Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Cheers!

Thanks friech,

Everything appears to be up to date.

Here’s the page I’m updating. Trying to center align the text at the bottom.

Here’s what I’m seeing
https://vimeo.com/277119286

Hi there,

I have tested this on my setup and the centering of text is working fine.

An update for Visual Composer version 5.5.1 is now available on automatic updates.

Kindly update to the latest version and try again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for letting me know about the update Jade.

I’ve updated VC to 5.5.1 and am still having the issue of the text block in elements not centering. I’ve tried using a few different text block elements with the same results.

Hi Jhaysin,

I checked the case on my local installation and I can not replicate the issue. That shows this must be something up with your environment which you need to find the cause.

I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Add a new page and test the case with the standard editor of the WordPress and see if you have the same problem.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.