Visual Composer line-break doesn't work anymore

Since last week there is a problem with the Visual Composer (new WPBakery Page Builder) and line-breaks! They don’t show up anymore after saving the site and just show up as spaces! This happens in all the projects which use X-Theme and WPBakery Page Builder! It’s possible to enter a line-break in the editor, but after saving the site it goes back to one line and that’s also the result on the website! Instead of a text with line-breaks it’s all show in one line! In projects we use WPBakery Page Builder without X-Theme there isn’t a problem! Can you please give me any information about when the problem is going to be fixed? We want to go live with a project shortly and the client is getting really nervous!! Thanks for a quick fix & answer!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! First of all, can you please make sure that you’re fully updated by cross checking with the following guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

As I haven’t seen any similar issue with other users, it could be related to a plugin that you have activated recently. You could test for a plugin conflict by disabling your recently active plugins as well.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana
Thanks for the answer! This happens in all the projects where we use X-Theme and updated the WPBakery Page Builder to version 5.4.3, not only one! And there are different plugins with each website installed! I can do your test, but still, the 4 projects with a problem they all have X-Theme and WPBakery Page Builder 5.4.3 installed and use different plugins!

Hi @mldarshana
It’s me again. I’ve just found out that this is a problem with WPBakery Page Builder 5.4.3 in general and not X-Theme! According to Rohan from the WPBakery Page Builder Team (https://codecanyon.net/user/rohan_wpbakery-team) this issues has been fixed in the release 5.4.4! We us WPBakery Page Builder with the X-Theme, so we don’t have an extra license for WPBakery Page Builder, that means, we can’t update! Can you please release an update for WPBakery Page Builder within the X-Theme as soon as possible? Because this issue has already destroyed the formatting of a few pages and it’s impossible to continue working like this! Thank you for a quick answer!

Hi There,

Thanks for the heads up. I will notify this to relevant section.

Usually we have to undergo a compatibility check process with X before releasing an update to a particular plugin, which is why we delayed updates on our end.

Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana

Thanks for the info. The plan was to go live with one of the websites with this issue this week! But because of this major problem, it looks like we have to postpone :frowning: . Can you please give me any information about when we can expect this update? Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana

In the WPBakery Page Builder 5.4.3 version there is also the “Product license” Tab missing in the settings of WPBakery! So I don’t even have the chance to buy a license :frowning: If I buy a license straight from here https://codecanyon.net/item/visual-composer-page-builder-for-wordpress/242431?s_rank=1 and upload the plugin manually, will all the X-Theme integrations still work? Thanks for a quick answer!

Hi There,

The theme disables product license tab by default. This is how it works for all other bundled plugins. This disable automatic updates as we need to test for compatibility first before we can update. Now, If you will buy a license and then manually upload/update to the latest plugin version, we cannot guarantee at this point that all integrations will work as expected. That is the point of doing extensive testing before updating to the latest version. Thank you for understanding.

Hi @Lely
But it looks like this time you overlooked a major issue in your extensive testing! When can you guys give me any information about when we can update the WPBakery Page Builder to at least 5.4.4 in X-Theme? Please understand that we can’t continue working under this circumstances as it is important to have line-breaks in the content! The plan was to go live with a website this week, but now we had to postpone the date because of this major issue and the client is not happy. We have bought many X licences, but we can’t risk to buy any more X licences if there won’t be a quick solution in this case. Thanks for understanding the importance of this problem!

Hey @onebyte,

We understand that you need the update but at this point, it is currently not possible. Our development team is working as quickly as they possibly can. Please stay tuned.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.