Visual Composer Installation

After updating, my website does not appear to recognize Visual Composer anymore. I tried to reinstall it, but I’m getting the message that “Destination folder already exists.”. However, I cannot find any such existing folder. Please help!

Hi @jackschneider,

Thanks for writing in.

Using FTP, locate the folder of your visual composer then remove it. After removing, try to reinstall it again.

I believe that you have installed the plugin which is not compatible with X theme that is why it is happening.

Version guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

As I wrote before, I cannot find any such existing folder. I have searched all directories and I cannot find any folders for Visual Composer, WPBakery nor Page Builder. I also have not installed any plugins since this was working fine.

Hi There @jackschneider

I’m sorry for the confusion here. The correct folder would be js_composer which you should be located in the following path.

/wp-content/plugins/js_composer

Let us know if that helps.
Thanks!

Thanks, it worked!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.