Visual composer 'hangs' with older version 2.5.2 - after upgrading to latest version WPB page builder 5.4.5 and 5.0.1 does not function at all

Hi,

At some moment - using an older VC 2.5.2 - the page builder started to hang, “Loading, please wait” when trying to edit the content of a page". It was not a stand alone case as i have 3 websites running X-theme and and they all showed this error. WP version 4.9.1.

I decided to upgrade to WPB page builder 5.4.5, but after this the front end of the site displayed this :
“Fatal error: Call to undefined function x_visual_composer_templates_id_increment() in /home/raylabs8/public_html/newyear.jaspers-eyers.eu/wp-content/themes/x/vc_templates/vc_row.php on line 81”

By now I have read that X-theme is not yet compatible with 5.4.5 so i have switched back to version 5.0.1, however it does not seem to solve anyhing… The same error still appears on the front-end
I have been in contact with Wp-bakery support and they tell me the problem is X-theme related, and told me I should contact Themeco support instead.
Any help please ? As this is not the only website of mine having this problem it is becoming a bit of a nightmare…
Thanks !

Hi there,

Please remove the plugin folder using your FTP and reinstall it from X > Overview (plugin section)

Hope that’ll work.

Best regards.

It has taken me all the way back to the beginning, VC saying ‘loading, please wait’…
If you would like to take a look for yourself I would be more than pleased to send you the log-in credentials

Sure, please add the login information on a secure note.

Thanks.

Hi There,

You need to use Visual Composer plugin that ships with X. You can install it through X -> Overview section.

For more information, please check the following knowledge base article (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-visual-composer/76).

Hope that helps.

Hi,
I did install the visual composer that ships with X again, and it just hangs again like I explained in my previous message. Were you able to try it ? It’s not possible to edit anything.

Hi There,

Please try adding the code below in your wp-config.php file located at the root directory of your site.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You may add it before this line of code.

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Also try disabling your 3rd party plugins to see if there’s any plugin conflict.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.