Visual Composer errors

Hi there, I have been having some issues with Visual Composer;

No matter how many times I try I cannot see any of the content that I add to site pages. If I add a text box the text will not show up, if I add an image, the image will not show up. The only thing that does show is the sliders from a slider plugin and icons and buttons from a template. If I make any changes to the template, what I leave unchanged will remain visible, but everything that I add and want will not appear. Also, when this happens the layout gets a bit skewed as well. Please can I have this resolved ASAP as it is incredibly frustrating.

The response from their support team was the following (after I granted them access to my site):

The issue is because the older visual composer was modified by the theme author by customizing the existing elements and adding the new one’s. Now when you updated it, the customization made by the theme author was lost which causes the issue. You can check it with the theme author if there is any way to preserve the customization done by him with the latest version, so that such an issue can be avoided at your end.

Please help

Hello @thurlowjp,

Thanks for asking. I checked the website and it seems that the version of Visual Composer you are running is not compatible with X Theme. We support Visual Composer version 5.2.1 and you have version 5.4.1. In that regards please remove Visual Composer from Plugins > Installed Plugins and then reinstall from X > Overview > Extensions > Visual Composer. Doing that will install the latest compatible version of Visual Composer.

For more details you can refer our version compatibility guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Thanks.

brilliant, works perfectly

Hi. The problem was only resolved temporarily before it reverted to the error state. Can you please help?

Hi There,

Could you please provide back-end access again to check your issue.

Thanks!

Please see above for new login

Can I please have this addressed? It is quite urgent

Hi There,

We’re answering question from oldest to newest. For future reference, please do not bump your thread because it get back on the queue.

You have different Cornerstone plugin installed. Please note that since a few versions back, a Cornerstone plugin that comes with the theme is required for X theme to run smoothly. It should be installed automatically once you visit X theme homepage. It doesn’t work for you because you have another Cornerstone plugin from another developer. Please try to delete current Cornerstone plugin, then visit X home page from wordpress admin so the plugin will be installed. Try again after that.

Sure thing, I wasn’t aware of how you respond to the queries. I was not looking at cornerstone - I want to be able to use visual composer, that is what I am having issues with, I will add another temporary link so you may access the back end of the site to investigate once again

Hello There,

I have updated X to the latest version 5.2.3 and have installed the correct Cornerstone plugin. I also disabled X integration in Visual Composer so that you can use the vanilla version of the plugin. You should now be able to edit any page with Visual Composer.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there. Visual Composer no longer has the majority of elements that can be used. This is getting ridiculous, I need this solved, I deleted the version 5.2.3 and installed the latest version to see if that would help. It did not. I need to have this fixed so I can move on, it has now been more than 10 days. I cannot even add text. the only elements that are available are the ones that were showing when I first raised this issue. I need a solution so I can continue working.

Hey there,

Can you give us details on what those elements are? If you’re referring to X Integrated elements, you need to install Cornerstone. Uninstall the other third party cornerstone plugin and go to X > Overview and Cornerstone will be automatically installed for you. If don’t want to use X integrated elements, go to Visual Composer > X Integration and disable X Integration.

Thanks.

@thurlowjp, have a look at this ticket.

I experienced the same issue and this did the trick.
Add this to your wp-config.php.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Hey @esportefinal,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

@thurlowjp:
Please follow the suggestion of @esportefinal. Also, you can disable/enable the X Integration so that you will see the different elements present in VC and compare. I would recommend that you use vanilla version so that you can make use of the Post Grid and other popular VC elements. To better undertstand how we have integrated this plugin, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.