Vimeo pro video not playing

Hi.
Recently after some update the Vimeo video that I had linked to as Optional Background Video is not playinh. Instead the Video Poster Image (For Mobile) is is showing. I have an Vimeo pro account and this has worked beutiful in the past. What has changed?
The site is arcticheli.se
The video is https://player.vimeo.com/external/209104576.hd.mp4?s=304d0054f8a9beb4b2029bd1f4c3c8edd91cd700&profile_id=174

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in! You are experiencing CORS issue. Please edit the page and change the video url. Please use only this:

//player.vimeo.com/external/209104576.hd.mp4?s=304d0054f8a9beb4b2029bd1f4c3c8edd91cd700&profile_id=174

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for a quick reply. What is CORS Issue?
I have changed the link to the one you posted. Still no result what I can see.

/C

Hey @Pegasuz73,

Please give us the link to the page you’ve setup the background so we could check what’s causing the issue. Also provide access to your WordPress admin in a Secure Note so we could login if needed.

Thanks.

Ok.
The urle is http://arcticheli.se/ and it is on the home page that the background Vimeo should be playing.

Hi There,

You are using a revolution slider for your hope page banner. Please use Video background in Rev slider instead of page.

Let us know how it works.

Thanks

Well that was the plan.
The Vimeo as a video background on the page and the slider on top of that with text and gifs. That is how your demo page were set up a couple of years ago and I did it the same way. It has worked fine until recently.

Hi There,

First, please add this to Theme Options > CSS to remove the black background that possibly covers the video.

.x-slider-container.bg-video {
	background-color: transparent;
}

If the video did not show up, please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

And please update your X Extensions (Content Dock, Google Analytics, Under Construction) to the latest version to avoid incompatibility issue.

To update those extensions to version 2.0.3, follow these steps:

- Ensure your theme is validated so Extensions can be installed automatically
- Deactivate and delete the extensions.
- On the theme overview page, locate and install the "Extensions".
- Visit "Plugins" panel in your Dashboard to activate the newly installed version.

Because all of the plugin settings are stored in the database, and because version 2.x will migrate settings from older versions, its safe to use this method of deleting the previous version.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Can not get this to work. Something has changed.
I hav upgraded to pro and put the video feed as background in the slider instead.

You can close this case.

/C

Hi there,

This issue started from the last update from Wordpress which changes the MediaElementJs library. I’m not saying it’s really the cause but the timing, and the only affected is the Vimeo. Or it could be just cache since the core is recently updated. We’ll continue checking this. And it’s not just slider video, even on the standard video element, Vimeo video is greatly affected especially the alignment.

I checked it in our issue tracker and it’s been marked as bug, please use youtube video for now.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.