Vimeo players added in the Classic Video in cornerstone now invisible on site after update

My site has been working great until I updated new wordpress and the new X theme update 5.25. Now the my site only contains text. There is just white where the video was/is. I say is because I can double click and open the ‘white space’ and can open the video in a new tab.

Hey @markgantt,

Please check for the following first:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

If that doesn’t help, please provide your WP admin and FTP credentials in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

I did all that and unfortunately still the same. I am not using CDN. I also sent login on the secure link. Thanks.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, I was able to replicate this issue on my end when updating WordPress, this has been a side effect of the WordPress 4.9 MEJS updates. Let me report this bug to our Dev Team for now.

While that being said, Video Player element should be used on video that you have direct link (ends with .mp4, .webm, etc). And utilize the Embedded Video element for 3rd party videos that provided an embed code (Vimeo, YouTube, etc) https://prnt.sc/hdiio9

Cheers!

So are you suggesting I redo my entire site? I have 24 videos on the front page and will have to reformat and do each one separately. Is that the only solution?

Hi There,

It seems that you have resolved it for now.

We have already added this to our issue tracker and will update once we get more information.

Thanks!

Please help with this…my clients are not happy that their video has disappeared from the home page. PLEASE let me know as soon as this is fixed. Embedding is not an option as it does not stretch to full screen/stretch across row completely.

Here is the site if you want to look:
http://mar-tekind.com

Hi there,

There seems to be an error that is causing the issue.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

In case the issue persists, please post a new thread and provide us with the admin access to your site in a secure note.

Does the Classic Video Player still allow for Vimeo links? Before I upgraded I had a full width video, that was a Vimeo link, and it worked fine. Now after the upgrade it just doesn’t work anymore. I tried it with a poster image, but no luck. It just shows the poster image on the page. No play buttons, nothing. What happened?

The “Pro” Video Element is pretty lame, it is fine for embedding, but not for full-width.

How do I replicate what I had, and what the client was happy with? A Vimeo link that is full screen???

This is VERY frustrating! Make me wish I didnt use Cornerstone at all.

Please help!

Hello There,

I understand your concern. The issue is that in the first place, you were using the element incorrectly. The video player will only accept a direct video source file like http://exmaple.com/my-video.mp4. The player will not support Vimeo links like https://vimeo.com/207641943. It may have played in the past but it was not cross browser compatible. I would recommend that you use the Video element and use the provided Vimeo embed code.

To know how you can make use of the embed code in Vimeo, please check this out:

Thanks for the response. Embedding the video is not the problem. I need to make it fullscreen…as it used to be before I upgraded. I dont understand why you would “remove” functionality like this.

I am familiar with the embed code from Vimeo, I have used it many times. The embed code you have as a sample for my solution above has a width of 640…so, this is not full screen.

I can achieve what I want but I have to do it manually with the Raw Code Element. I dont see the Raw Code Element in the v2 Elemenst. Are you planning on discontinuing this Element? I hope not. For those that want to have the old functionalty back, this is how I did it.
HTML:

CSS:
.videoWrapper {
position: relative;
padding-bottom: 56.25%; /* 16:9 */
padding-top: 0px;
height: 0;
}
.videoWrapper iframe {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
left: 0;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
}

Hey @Riceman,

The Raw Content element has just been renamed to Classic Raw Content.

There’s no plan to discontinue the old elements.

The issue you’re facing is specific to WordPress 4.9, X 5.2.5 and Cornerstone Cornerstone 2.1.7. What I’d recommend is to revert your site to a previous working state. I’d also suggest you follow the best practices in updating your theme and plugins next time.

Thanks.

Hi @SE1217707

The credentials are not working, in any case I have deleted your post. Please just provide credentials in a secure note on posts that you have started to make sure it is just visible by you and our support team.

Please open a new thread explain your situation briefly and provide your login credentials in a secure note on this new thread.

Thank you

OK, Great. Glad to hear its not going away! Im OK, i have everything working the way I need it now.

Hey @Riceman,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.