Vimeo and Preview Issues

I am having issues with Sermons section of the website and my videos on my essential grid also are not properly playing. Additionally my main Vimeo Classic Video Player isn’t playing. The only thing showing up is the image cover that I have for that Classic Video Player. I was told to send a secure note to give the Support Team our credentials to get a closer look at our issue.

Hi,

Is this your site - alfcrancho.church

The login provided doesn’t seem to work.

Kindly check again and let us know.

Thanks

Good morning,

That should be. I’ll send you another credential from one of our other admins to see if it works. Here is the information:

Please use secure note always when you are posting your login details.
I have updated your post.

Thanks

Wow thank you, sorry I thought it was a secure one to begin with.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, your version of X (4.4.2) and Cornerstone (2.1.4) is not compatible. Please update the X and Cornerstone to the latest version (refer here for the latest compatible versions)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Please follow the Manual X Update Via FTP guide on that post as most likely the automatic update not gonna work on your version of X.

Also, please update the extensions you have (Custom 404, Disqus Comments, Email Forms, Under Construction)

To update those extensions to version 2.0.3, follow these steps:

- Ensure your theme is validated so Extensions can be installed automatically
- Deactivate and delete the extensions.
- On the theme overview page, locate and install the "Extensions".
- Visit "Plugins" panel in your Dashboard to activate the newly installed version.

Because all of the plugin settings are stored in the database, and because version 2.x will migrate settings from older versions, its safe to use this method of deleting the previous version.

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Great thank you for the update!

The essential grid for the sermons is now up and running just fine. Unfortunately I am still having a hard time getting the main Classic Video Player on the alfcrancho.church/sermons page working. Lastly the preview feature isn’t responding. Here is a screenshot of what I am getting:

Thank you for all you do!

Hi There,

Can you confirm that you actually added a video to this page (http://www.alfcrancho.church/sermons/)?
I did check that page and I don’t see any video type loading within it.

Regarding that error you showed, please clear all your caching plugin and your browser’s cache, your site might still trying to load an old version of your page. Better if you try incognito mode of the browser.

Let us know how it goes,
Thanks,

Thank you for your reply,

Here is the screenshot of the Sermons page under the Cornerstone X edit page:

I the Classic Video Player is the one I am having a hard time properly playing on the alfcrancho.church/sermons. This may be a silly question but how does one properly clear all the caching plugins and the ones for the browser?

Hi There,

Classic Video Player is for videos with a direct link. Please use the Classic Video Embedded element instead and use the Vimeo’s Embed code.

Thanks,

Hi There,

Based on your last post I am unsure if you still need help.

In case you do, please let us know!

Thanks

Hello,

I was able to fix the issue. The only thing I need help with is fixing the preview issue. How do I properly clear my cache?

Hey @webservant,

I don’t see a caching plugin in your site but your host might have caching on their end. Please ask them to clear all caches if that is the case. To clear the browser’s cache, please see this article.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.