Videos not working on Firefox

I have two videos that don’t work in Firefox on the same page. The first one is at the very top and built using Slider Rev. The second one is at the very bottom and the background for the section “Dont’ Get Lost In The Crowd”. The second one was built directly in Cornerstone. Link - whiteboxcreate.com/new-home/

Hello @twatkins,

Thanks for writing in!

I can confirm that your videos are not playing in Firefox. Do you still have the original video file? Please download Hand Brake and convert again your video into mp4 file format to make sure that it is encoded and cross-browser compatible.

Please let us know how it goes.

I have done so and they still do not work.

Hello @twatkins,

The video at the bottom already plays on my end.
Uploading…

For the slider, still, it is not playing. Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look at the slider and the video urls?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hey @twatkins,

Your setup is correct. It just looks like Firefox does not allow 2 HTML5 videos to play automatically. I’m still looking for documentation if my assumption is correct. Would you mind testing using a Video Layer instead of background? Also test using Youtube.

Thanks.

I have figured it out and will put what i did so if anyone else has this issue with Slider Revolution. Instead of using the element to enter your slider on cornerstone you have to go to the page in your main dashboard and scroll down to “Slider Settings: Below Masthead” and select the slide you want. You also have to create it using a video layer not background and YouTube as the source like you stated. Once i did all of these it worked on all browsers plus mobile. thanks.

Glad to hear that you figured out the solution and thanks a lot for taking out the time to share the same with community members. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.