Videos not working correctly

HI, on embeded video they are not displaying correctly on new posts. It looks like they aren’t responsive. You can see the video not displaying correctly here: https://hopestory.org/united-nations-recap/ not sure what is going on but it looks bad on mobile. Can you please help me fix this?

Thanks!

Hello Rick,

Thanks for reaching out. :slight_smile:

Upon checking the website I see that you are X Theme version 6.1.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.4. X Theme version that you have on the website is incompatible with the Cornerstone version. In that regards I suggest you update X Theme to latest version which as of today is 6.5.5. You can take a look at following resource to update X Theme.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Thank you. Is there a way to update through my dashboard?

I do not see how to update my theme…there doesn’t seem to be an option in my dashboard.

Ok. I found out how to update the theme, but it still looks like the videos aren’t displaying correctly.

Hello Rick,

I have investigated the issue. It turns out that responsive embeds wasn’t supported in the theme.
To resolve this, please add this line in the child theme’s functions.php:

// Load default block styles.
add_theme_support( 'wp-block-styles' );

// Add support for responsive embeds.
add_theme_support( 'responsive-embeds' );

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Thank you. Where do I find the functions.php file?

I got it! It looks like it works. Can you check on your end, please?

Thanks!

Actually, I just looked on my mobile phone and it doesn’t look right. The video now looks very small…as if it needs to go wider.

Hey Rick,

Seems like the WordPress blocks are adding margins which is squeezing your videos, try adding following code in the Theme Options > CSS:

.wp-block-embed {
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
}

Don’t forget to clear all caches including your browser’s cache after adding the code. Let us know how this goes!

Thanks! It looks like that solved the problem. :slight_smile:

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.