Videos in Revolution Slider not playing in Chrome

Latest Wordpress, Pro version, all updates are done, I have disabled all plugins, cleared all caches, and you tube video in revo slider stopped playing about 3 days ago. I can’t even preview the slider in the revo dashboard. It plays on all other browsers. I am not positive but I think that the problem is only on my network or my computers. None of the videos will play using chrome on any computer in my network. I can remote into a computer that’s not on my network and it looks like its working fine. Here is my site.

here are my login credentials.

Thank you in Advance!

Hi @BurntOffering,

Thanks for reaching out.

After an investigation, it’s due to the Cross-origin setting and it won’t allow you to embed sources from other sites, other than the originin (self/same domain).

It also happens on standard iframe embed to page editor, it’s not due to slider.

Please check https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6301625?hl=en. And I also recommend contacting your hosting provider and configure the allow origin header (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10636611/how-does-access-control-allow-origin-header-work). I can also confirm this by viewing the header responses of your site through developer tools.

X-Frame-Options
Access-Control-Allow-Origin

And please change your login credentials, you have posted it publicly. I moved it in the secure note but it’s best to change it right away.

Thanks!

I am not sure I understand. From what I can tell my computers are the only ones affected. I have remote access to several other computers. I can bring up the site and video fine on all of them using google chrome. All the videos are ones I have created and uploaded and have been working fine for over 6 months and they are allowed for embedding. Either an update to Wordpress or something else is a bit suspect as I don’t understand why it worked fine up until a few days ago. This issue you described will only affect my computer?

OK, for anyone who runs across this problem in the future. It WAS the Revolution slider. It was a bug in the last update for it. You guys are usually spot on in your suggested fixes but you were as far away on this one as you could get. :slight_smile: And I am very glad I did not spend a lot of time on your suggestion this time.

Here are the release notes for the latest version of the revolution slider.

BUGFIXES
Fixed YouTube BG video not loading sometimes in the latest Chrome
Fixed incorrect Vimeo Layer position on slide change
Fixed WooCommerce Slider incorrectly adding all In Stock products of all categories if choosen
Fixed WPML Slider, incorrectly using wrong language Slides in some configurations

The revolution slider plugin would not update to the version with the fix in it no matter what I did. The solution was to FTP into the site and delete the plugin. Uninstalling it this way preserves your created sliders. Once I did that, I manually downloaded the latest version of the plugin, installed it, and that completely took care of the problem.

Hello There,

Thanks for sharing on how you were able to resolve the issue.
Yes you are exactly right in the correct way of reinstalling the plugin. Deleting and re uploading the files manually will make sure that the sliders are preserve in the database.

Best Regards.

In no way am I ever trying to diminish the awesome job that you guys do. I have many many licenses of your theme. No one is 100% all the time including me. But I want to thank you guys from the heart for this amazing theme and the support that you provide! I will continue to buy new licenses as needed and so appreciate your hard work to support it!

Burnt Offering

Thank you Burnt Offering for your kind words. It is a good thing that you shared the solution here so our other customer can use your workaround if they encounter the same issue.

Thank you.

Hi,
I have the same issue, so I deleted the slider through FTP, but now I’m not sure where to get the newest version of Revolution Slider to upload and install.
Please advise.

I have a paid subscription with a valid license for the RS. I was able to go to my account on Themeco and download the latest version for free. I am pretty sure it won’t let you upgrade unless you pay for the support.

So you’re saying that unless I purchase RS separately I can’t update it?
X theme doesn’t provide latest updated files?

When I bought the license for the theme that I was having the issue with the RS wouldn’t update unless I paid for the support and a license. So I did that. I have attached screen shots of the RS control panel. I have not paid for a license for this site, and it shows the latest update for the RS, but when you click on the “Update” button the Activation prompt shows up. RS is a plugin that is included in the theme but not technically supported outside the guys here as it is a plugin from another developer.They help when they can but it fall outside the support for the X Theme. Once the plugin is deleted via FTP, you can reinstall it from within the theme, but you will get the older version again. Ask me how I know :slight_smile:

Hey @BurntOffering,

Thanks for chiming in! Yes you are correct. Themeco staff will give support related to Revolution Slider as long as we can handle it. If it is already hardcore plugin related issue, we will have to communicate to the creators of the plugin to resolve the issue.

@blmg1:

• It is not necessary to buy a separate license for the Rev Slider. Since this plugin is bundled with the theme, we will give you plugin support as much as we can resolve and we will also the ones who will give the updates through our Theme.co plugin repository. We are just not up to date in our plugin repository when the latest version is available in their Rev Slider server because we have to test it first for incompatibility issues before we can upload the update to our plugin repository. For more details how we have integrated this plugin in the theme, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-revolution-slider/71

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.