Video playback error

The videos on my site aren’t working. They will have sound but the video does not play.

The videos are a part of a course that I have used Coursepress to build. I was with their live support for a couple of hours we learned that upon changing the theme (using WP Staging) the videos played perfectly. After taking a closer look it appears there isn’t a video player and is giving the 404 error.

http://itfitspt.ca/wp-content/themes/pro/js/ut-videoplayer.min.js?ver=1.0
http://itfitspt.ca/wp-content/themes/pro/js/jquery.mb.YTPlayer.min.js?ver=1.7.15

How can I fix this?

**** edit
I have looked into this more and not just the videos for the program are affected but also when trying to post a video blog. The theme tries to pull a file from a folder called /js inside the theme but it doesn’t exist.

The only way I can have a video is by using the embed code.

I have tried using the original theme files I received when I purchased to reinstall the X theme with the Pro update and that does not correct the missing /js files.

I have also tried turning off all of the plugins to see if there was a conflict. That did not correct anything.

It appears I am missing files and I don’t know how I can fix this.

It says there is 24/7/365 support but it’s been more than 6 hours and no one has replied. :frowning: It late for me now and I hope to wake to something I can do to correct this issue.

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi @itfitspt,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to hear you’re having this issue, but upon checking, it looks like not theme related.

The one that’s trying to pull those files is the video player and not the theme. And it expects that those files are included in the theme, which isn’t. Our theme doesn’t have those files, and our theme only uses MediaElementJS as a video player which is part of Wordpress’ core so it doesn’t need extra files. Does your course plugin has it’s own video player?

And we do provide supports 24/7 but we can’t guarantee immediate replies, it still depends on other tickets ahead of yours and its complexity.

Unfortunately, I can’t still find what’s causing this. Checking the course would require a login, would you mind providing them in a secure note?

Thanks!

I have sent login info.

If the player doesn’t come with a player, then do you have ideas why it would play once and then either not at all or sound only?

Here is the link to the course. The videos start in week 1

The course plugin does not have it’s own video player. From what I understand, it is looking for it within the wordpress and theme configuration.

The course pulls the video from a link, in this case, a youtube link.

Is there another workaround?

It will play sound sometimes. If it didn’t have the proper ‘stuff’, you would think it doesn’t play at all. right?

Hello There,

I have logged in and I tested a youtube link and an embed link in a post video format. Every thing is working fine. You can check out the private post here: http://itfitspt.ca/a-video-post-test/

It leads me to think that the 3rd party plugin CoursePress is causing this issue. I would highly suggest that you contact the creators of this plugin and ask for further help. They should be able to investigated more about the issue.

Thank you.

I received a message from the support from the course below is the explanation I was given. This workaround works.

> When the page is loaded video player will pull “cover” image that goes over the video and that image should be removed when you click on the play button.

> However, due to the console errors on your site that doesn’t happen, and even though the video is playing properly, you can’t see it because that image is still shown above the video.

> This is the element that I’m referring to:
>

> And if I play the video and then remove that element from dev tools in Chrome I can see the video playing properly.

> Most likely the problem here is that there’s a conflict with your theme and one of the plugins you have installed which breaks some of the scripts on your site, and when one script fails it usually stops others from working as well.
> That’s why CoursePress can’t use its script that’s used to hide that image when the video is played.

> I would suggest trying to disable all the plugins on your site, except for CoursePress, and see if the video plays after that, or wait for devs to give you more information about what’s causing the console errors on your site.

> There’s a workaround we could apply here as a temporary fix, which will we hiding the cover image and current play button so that video itself is shown when page is loaded.

> You can do that by using this CSS code:

> .module-type-video .video_player .vjs-poster,
> .module-type-video .video_player .vjs-big-play-button {
> display: none;
> }

> Please note that this should be just a temporary workaround and I strongly suggest discussing this further with theme developers so they can check those console errors.

> Best regards,

Hello There,

It’s good to know that you have found a temporary solution to the issue. We highly recommend that you figure out the plugin that is generating the video player. VJS is the only clue we have. And if we checked the JS error, there is a 404 error with the file: http://itfitspt.ca/wp-content/themes/pro/js/ut-videoplayer.min.js?ver=1.0 by which is not coming from Pro theme. Please be advised that there is no such file or even a function call in the theme. My wild guess is that this error may have came from Page Builder by SiteOrigin or the Shortcodes by United Themes plugin. Please temporarily disable this plugins and see how it goes.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.