Video not showing up

Hi there, I have added a video in through Cornerstone to the top of the homepage on the site listed here and it is not showing up on anyone else’s computer. Can you help please? https://velorides4u.ie

Hello @UnaHealy,

Thanks for writing in!

Looks like you have activated under-construction page on the website. Can you please share the website login credentials for us to take closer look at the setup?

In the meantime, please make sure that you are using latest version of X Theme 6.5.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.6. If you are using latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone, please try testing for plugin conflict by deactivating all plugins and then reactivating one at a time to narrow down.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant, Thanks for your reply. I’ve sent through log in details. The video shows up on my computer but nowhere else. Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi again - I’ve done what you said and Cornerstone seems to be effecting the video. The video now shows up as code on other sites.

Hi @UnaHealy,

When I tried to access your login page on this /wp-admin or wp-login.php, I am actually redirected to homepage. Console said it was page not found. So I can’t login at the moment. Did you somehow change your login URL? If yes, please provide the correct login URL. Since I am able to see the homepage, I saw this error on the console:

MEJS media error. 

I can see you are now updated. Can we also do a general troubleshooting first? You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi there,

I’ve done that. When I deactivate Cornerstone, the code shows up on the page but no video. So the plugins don’t seem to be making any difference.

Hi @UnaHealy,

We’re sorry for the misunderstanding.
1.) Please only deactivate all other plugins except Cornerstone
2.) If the same issue persists, please share LOGIN URL inside the secure note. We can access it at the moment.

I’ve deactivated all external plugins now

Hello @UnaHealy,

Thanks for writing in!

I see that video is having .mov file extension. Please note that .mov file is not playable. I also see that in video poster image you have set .mp4 file. Please use that as the video background and in place of poster, you can have a image file.

Thanks.

Thanks. I’ve changed the video to mp4 and am using an image file for the poster. Unfortunately the poster is what is showing up in other devices. So this hasn’t worked.

Actually it is working on a laptop but just not on a touchscreen phone. I’m happy with this but do you think in the future the video could be viewed on a touchscreen phone as most people use these.

And thanks for all your very prompt help.

Hello @UnaHealy,

Please be advised that Video Background will automatically gets disabled in smaller screens and mobile devices since videos are bandwidth hogger. Background videos are only good for desktops and large screens which is why it is necessary to add a poster image so that in smaller screens, an image will display as a replacement for the video.

Hope this helps.

Yes thanks for all your help. All sorted now :slight_smile:

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.