Video Light Box Button

I’m trying to use pro to create a button that will play a video in a light box.

I was using this shortcode, but the button text doesn’t match with the other buttons.

[button class=“video-button” href=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/4QYuiag650k?rel=0&autoplay=1” title=“Murder in the Woods - Official Trailer” lightbox_video=“true”][icon type=“play”]PLAY VIDEO[/button]
[lightbox selector=".video-button"]

Is there a way to do this within the pro button element?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes that can be done with the Button element, just give your button a class video-button then in URL field add your video link https://www.youtube.com/embed/4QYuiag650k?rel=0&autoplay=1 then you need a Text element as well to add the following shortcode [lightbox selector=".video-button"]

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that works, but the video takes up the whole page. I have another video in a lightbox of the page, and it appears properly.

Any idea what happened?

Hi There,

You did not add the CLASS video-button to the button and did not add the lightbox shortcode on the page.

Please inspect your button, then under the Customize tab add a CLASS video-button to it.

Then at the bottom of your page, add a Content Area element and paste the following lightbox shortcode in it.

[lightbox selector=".video-button"]

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I have done that and it doesn’t work. the one video works fine, but the other takes up the whole screen.

Hello There,

Your button does not have the video-lightbox-1 or video-lightbox-2 as a custom class. You might have forgotten to add the class to the button. I went ahead and edited your header and the homepage content as well.

And to make sure that the video lightbox will not be fullwidth, I added this custom css to set a maximum width for the lightbox container.

/* for the video lightbox */
.ilightbox-holder div.ilightbox-container {
    max-width: 900px;
    max-height: 600px;
}

.ilightbox-holder {
    left: 50% !important;
    margin-left: -450px;
}

Please check your site now.

That works but breaks when on a mobile device.

Hey There,

Well in that case, please have the code updated and use this instead:

@media(min-width: 980px) {
  /* for the video lightbox */
  .ilightbox-holder div.ilightbox-container {
    max-width: 900px;
    max-height: 600px;
  }

.ilightbox-holder {
    left: 50% !important;
    margin-left: -450px;
  }
}

Please let us know if this works out for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.