Video Issues w/ Internet Explorer

None of the videos will play on our site when using Internet Explorer. Everything is fine in all other browsers.
We have video set as the background on many pages and a YouTube video link in Content Dock, none of these are working.
Content Dock displays an error “Invalid Source” and the backgrounds don’t show up at all. The embedded video on the home page shows the default image.
Is this a known issue? What can I do to fix this?
www.actionconveyors.com is our site

Hi @actioneq,

Thanks for reaching out.

The video is playing, but by manually triggering it. These are the errors that are being displayed in IE which prevents the video player to autoplay.

Network Error 0x2eff, Could not complete the operation due to error 00002eff.

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'includes'

The first one is coming from the map, the second one is from builder’s cs-body.js. Unfortunately, I couldn’t narrow down what’s triggering these errors. Would it be okay if you can provide your login credentials in a secure note?

For the meantime, I encourage you to the plugin conflict test. It’s by disabling your plugin one by one while testing the video if it’s going to play and if it does, then you know which plugin is the culprit :slight_smile: , it’s just the preliminary procedures to narrow it down so please do that first.

Thanks!

I’ve deactivated plugin one by one and have had no luck getting the videos to play.

I have the same problem

Hi @actioneq

I recommend updating the theme to the latest stable version 2.1.6 following this guide:

Also, if you are running Cloudflare on this domain try to disable it and recheck this issue.

Thanks.

I have updated and am not running Cloudflare. Issue still exists.

Hi @actioneq

For the video added in the Content Dock plugin, I suggest using a Custom HTML widget with this code:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wp0bHsYZrXY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’m pretty sure the video will work just fine if you used this way.

For the other video issue, please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

The login provided doesn’t seem to work.

Kindly check again and let us know.

Thanks

I’ve created a new password, try this:

Hi @actioneq

First thing, you must not share login credentials in a public reply, I’ve modified your reply to transfer the login credentials to a Secure Note, I highly recommend changing this information for your website security.

As I mentioned earlier, you can use the embedded code I shared to get the YouTube video working fine in Content Dock plugin.

For the second video issue, I can reproduce this issue on my localhost as well, I’ve just submitted this issue to our dev team, so I don’t know whether this will get fixed or not and I don’t have any ETA yet.

Meanwhile you can use the embed video type instead of the player:

With this code:

<video 
    poster="http://actionconveyors.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/CD-Trio-for-web.png"
	src="http://actionconveyors.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ActionHomeVid.mp4"
    width="780"
    height="440"
    autoPlay="true"
    loop="true"
</video>

This will achieve the same result and it’s working on IE (I’ve tested that).

For more information regarding the video element in HTML5 check this guide:

Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up.

I’ve got your recommendations in place and it is working.

The recommendations are working on the home page in English but when switching to another language using the WMPL language selector the videos do not show.

Hi There,

The video code provided above is a raw code, please put that on a Classic Raw Content element.

Cheers!

I’dd like to add my website www.werkpleklerenindetechniek.nl/ which seems to have a similar problem I think,
but I’m not sure of course.

I’ve updated the theme to the latest version,
checked the plug-ins

I’ve used the Video Element to place an youtube video link and a poster http://werkpleklerenindetechniek.nl/de-dames-van-hurkmans/

but I get a Internet Explorer Javascript error

I would like to keep the specific set up/options of the video display as provided via youtube embedded link.

This matter goes for all 4 videos linked on my website.

If you need login details please let me know

Kind regards
Soejon

Hi Soejon,

Please open a new support thread regarding your question followed by a Secure Note reply including your WordPress Dashboard login details and the version of IE browser used, as you can’t share such sensitive information in a thread opened by another user as it will be visible to the thread owner.

Thanks.

Tnx Alaa, will do!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.