Video Embed Code Function Not Working Properly

I’ve added a video embed code:

And your website designer keeps forcing it to be left-justified and too small, when it should be showing up centered on the screen and larger.

Somehow out of nowhere, it corrected it below - see screen shots, but then all your website functions on the left side FROZE and I couldn’t save the changes, and I have no idea how the website all the sudden corrected the sizing on it’s own.

To be honest, I’m having a lot of problems with your front end design tool lately freezing, making quirky errors, not having videos show up properly. It’s like something is really wrong since you did your last update.

Please let me know how to get the video show up CENTERED and filling the screen, and the website page to allow me to SAVE those changes when it does.

Cornerstone is giving me a LOT of quirky problems like this lately. :frowning:

This is the page: https://e3energyevolved.com/thank-you/

I need help as soon as possible as to why Cornerstone is distorting the size of and off-centering this video.

We are in a launch.

Also we used to have this video working just fine from a Private Vimeo link in the Classic Video Element, and all the sudden just a few weeks ago we noticed it stopped showing up on our page - there was just a white blank space where the video should be, and there is no issue with Vimeo, - this is an issue with Cornerstone.

I was also able to now replicate this same error with your Cornerstone video player twice.

I just went in again now, …

clicked on delete the video, and it immediately expanded the video to the right size and centered it (instead of deleting the video), AND, THIS TIME, it allowed me to click save to save the changes, yet when I went to view the page to see if the changes applied, the video is NOT THERE, even though it’s SHOWING UP AS THERE IN CORNERSTONE IN THE RIGHT SIZE NOW.

Something is wrong w/ Cornerstone video - you guys have a bug in your system.

Please advise on how we can get this fixed so this video shows up properly for our customers.

This makes our launch look unprofessional. I really need someone’s help to get this corrected ASAP. We launch tomorrow morning.

Hey @POPFIZZ,

For the video embed not spanning the fullwidth of the container, please add this code in Appearance > Theme Options > CSS.

.x-frame {
    max-width: none !important;
}

Regarding Cornerstone freezing, there are several factors that could cause that. Please check for the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please provide WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Thank you the code for the video widening worked

I will save your instructions above regarding the website, and watch to see if it continues to be glitchy when I’m designing

Thanks! Keep us update and feel free to open new ticket if you got any issue.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.