VERY SLOW Pro editor after 2.2.X updates

Hi guys,

I’ve started facing issues with speed on the pro editor ever since the inline editing came to life, i don’t know WHY would that be but it has become extremely difficult and way too time consuming to edit any page in my site, i have cloudflare turned off, i checked all my plugins (deactivating them and stuff, you know the drill) and checked the resources of the page.

everything seems normal, yet the problem still remains. can you take a look at it and help me find the cause, please?

Hi There,

The cloned page is also slow on my end and sometimes doesn’t load:

I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Please let us know how it goes.

i know how to do that, i haven’t really done it because of lack of time, really. i noticed the same issue on other sites i’m building as well, and i noticed that the common denominator is the length of the page, when they are lengthy they become SUPER slow (one pagers or overall sites with a lot of sections or rows), i also noticed something else:

when you put your tab on the background and the pro editor is beginning to load, it will always throw that error. (say, you open a new tab and go browse a page, leaving the pro editor page “loading”).

i will update the staging site i have right now so you can check it out, hopefully will have it ready by tomorrow.

Sure, please let us know when staging website is ready and we will take a look. Please share the staging website credentials in secure note.

thanks, i will

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

I finally found the time to do so, i did an exact replica as of today and all the information is in the secure note.

Hello @elpanda13,

Thanks for sharing the details. :slight_smile:

I tried editing your website pages on my end and it seems to be working fine. I am not facing any speed related issues. To confirm, I also requested my colleague to test the same and on there it’s working fine. Here is a recorded screencast that you can take a look.

Thanks.

The problem in there existed when editing the elements, and it was most noticeable when editing text using the inline editor.

Hi There,

Upon checking that page, I could see the Javascript error.

I’ve disabled all the 3rd party plugins and that page is loading fine now.

Please try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Hope it helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.