Very poor scroll performace on iPad

Hello there,

I’m part of a team that’s developing a Website with Themeco PRO. We’ve discovered that the scroll performance of our Webpages on iPad can be extremely poor, almost unusable. We’ve tested with three different iPads in Safari browser. On two of the devices (one running OS 9, the other OS 10), the performance is bad. On the other (running OS 10), it’s fine.

Have you any experience with this issue that might steer us in the direction of a fix?

Best,
Andrew

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Would you mind providing your site’s URL? There are many contributing factors why this happen, and number one is content with effects or content that utilize too many javascript, and javascript runs on users device (iPad) which uses its CPU resources.

Thanks!

Hey Rad,

I’ve added a secure note with some URL to my original post.

Many thanks,
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

I checked your setup and the issue you’re having could be due to the outdated version of Pro you’re using. Please update Pro to the latest version. You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

I also noticed cache on your site, please purge the cache first and disable all optimization services for a while before the update.

Also consider using https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-smooth-scroll/86 if you still face any issue.

Let us know how this goes!

Hi Nabeel,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We did a test implementation of the new version of PRO on our current site and found that it broke some important features implemented via plugins and customization. Being very close to release, we don’t want to undertake a new round of QC and bug-fixing. Also, we had previously intentionally disabled the smooth scroll because we found the user experience to be poor.

Can you suggest any other possible fixes to solve the problem in our current version of PRO?

Regards,
Andrew

Hi there,

In that case, I recommend finishing your site with the version you’re previously using. Then clone it in a staging and do the update and testing there (if you still have time before the release). Then let’s check the scrolling issue again :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thanks Rad.

Apologies for my slow reply. For some reason, I’m not receiving notifications of new replies to this thread any more.

Best,
Andrew

No problem, let us know once you get a staging where we can test it, and of course to compare with your stable site (older version).

Thanks!

Will do, Rad.

FYI that may takes some time if other priorities emerge.

Thanks again for your quick responses.

Regards,
Andrew

You’re most welcome Andrew!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.