Variations not required

Hey,
How can I make variations not required? I need the Add to Cart button to work even if they do not select an option.

https://www.outdoordogsupply.com/product/field-trial-blanket-by-halemar/

Heres a link. The thing is the variation threw Woo are hidden. I did this because we are using a plugin for our options set. But I need the WooCommerce variations on the product so the product can go over to eBay through our store using a Plugin called WP-Lister eBay. I know this all sounds silly but this is the only way to make it all work. What I can’t seem to figure out is how to make the variations not required so my Add to Cart is not “grayed” out. Could you please help me.

This is how I hide the Variations & Attributes:

/* Removes Variations & Attributes from showing on store so they can go on eBay */
.variations {
display:none;
}

.woocommerce-variation.single_variation {
display:none !important;
}

Hi @odsadmin

The thing is even after selecting the variations settings, I can’t click on “Add to cart” button:

I wonder if you hide some variations using CSS?

What you are trying to achieve isn’t what variations products are designed/developed for, what about pre-select these variations on page load? if that will work for you, we can provide you with the code that pre-select the options you like.

I recommend updating the theme and all the plugins to the latest stable version following this guide:

Thanks.

This is because the variation is hidden. The option you see is the option made with our Option set plugin. I do not need anything to change with that option. I need the variation option you can not see to not be required. I hide the option with this code.

/* Removes Variations & Attributes from showing on store so they can go on eBay */
.variations {
display:none;
}

.woocommerce-variation.single_variation {
display:none !important;
}

Hi @odsadmin

I got your point, but unfortunately, this isn’t something that was built in WooCommerce and I can’t find a way to achieve that.

These are links on WooCoomerce GitHub discussing this issue:

Also, you might find this plugin helpful in your case:

Thanks.

Would there be a way to make it so they did not print on the invoice. I Can make one of the options auto selected and it will allow the Add to Cart button to work. But them it prints on the invoice. If I can make that hidden variation not show on the invoice that might work also

That might be possible technically possible however, that requires custom development which is outside the scope of our support.

Thank you for understanding.

Man. I thought you guys might be able to point me in the right direction. Y’all have helped me in the past.

Hi again,

We love to help if it was related to the theme but here it’s out of our scope as you know we’re not the author of WooCommerce plugin so for any customization it would be best if you contact the original author as he will be able to guide you in a right direction.

Thank you for your understanding!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.