Variations don't work unless you set a default variation

In X for some reason WOO variations don’t work unless you set a default variation
We need the regular Product Image loaded to be used (group image - so the user can see all variations to choose from) and then from the dropdown the user will pick the wanted variation with it’s corresponding image
Now we have to set a Default Variation which defeats the point
Using WOO 3.4.3
WP 4.9.6

Hi There,

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my end.

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

All has been deactivated - still variations don’t display unless you pick a default variation.
Login info in the secure note. All works fine when we switched to a different theme (storefront)
Please fix this so we can keep using X

Hi @DC-Team,

The cause of this issue is your custom CSS.

In sky-form.css class .woocommerce div.product .summary .variations,.woocommerce div.product.product-type-variable.has-default-attributes .summary .variations{display:none;}

I temporarily removed it for testing and the variations without default and it starts displaying. Please remove it if you wish to display those variations :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thanks Rad - this code is there to hide the dropdown when not needed.
And all works fine with this code when we tested switching to other themes
So, please why can’t it work with this code in X?

Hello again, Rad: we are trying to find a different code… will update soon. Thanks

Sure no problem.
Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.