Variable size portfolio thumbnails

I would like to be able to use variable size portfolio thumbnail images, without them all being cropped tot he same size.

I am using The Grid plugin for my portfolio and currently have a development site where I am testing different elements.

If you look at the portfolio page: https://eyetooth-art.net/test/portfolio-v2/
On this page I have a range of different size images, but whwn you view the homepage: https://eyetooth-art.net/test/
they are all cropped to the same size.

I have tried selecting ‘off’ for Cropped Featured Images in Customizer, but that does not seem to make any difference.

Is there a way for using The Grid, to display a few of the latest portfolio pieces on the homepage or any other way to get them to display at the intended size/aspect ratio?

Please let me know if you need any further clarification?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I recommend using The Grid shortcode on your homepage, please check this screenshot to know where to find The Grid shortcode:

You can add this shortcode to the “Content Area” element in Cornerstone.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Is there something extra I need to do to call only a few recent portfolio items, rather than all of them?
I’d like to have my full portfolio listed on the portfolio page but only say 4 to 6 of them on the homepage.

Hi,

You can enter the number of items you want from here

Thanks

That does not actually restrict the number of items shown on the page. It simply says how many should be loaded initially and then as soon as you scroll down the page more and more load until they are all showing on the screen.
I was to only show a few and then prompt users to view my portfolio page for more info.
Is there some way to turn off the load/ajax script and ONLY load a small number of portfolio items?

Hi Steve,
In this case, I suggest creating another grid specifically for the homepage with different items number set in Grid Settings, let’s say 5 items, and for this specific grid you can disable “Ajax pagination” under (Grid Settings > Pagination) and enable “Prev/Next Buttons” instead. Please check this screenshot:

The “Prev/Next Buttons” can be easily hidden using this CSS code snippet in (Pro > Theme Options > CSS):

.tg-grid-area-bottom1 {
    display: none;
}

I hope this helps.
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.