Validation - Uh oh, we couldn't check if this license was valid

Hi. This is the message I am getting when validating. I tried I think all solutions in the forum posts. I am also reading there that the solutions are mostly very individual. Therefore this question.

Hi There,

Is the website in the secure note button which you’re having the issue?

I could see that website is using the older version of X theme and Cornerstone plugin.

Could you please try manually updating your theme & plugin then re-validate your website?

Let us know how it goes!

Hi. Thanks for you answer. I already tried that and I am getting the message (in Dutch) ‘Update package not available’

Hey @sjoerdbruele,

Please see the secure note. If you’re using the correct license and it does not help, please first do a manual update of X and Cornerstone. Please see this article for instructions.

Please also check if there’s a connection issue. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201

Thanks.

Hi. Tried all that. No firewall, manual update, remove and reinstall X. Nothing works. I am using the the right license code.

In that case, please give us WordPress Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note

Thanks.

Hi. Shouldn’t there be a Secure Note button in your reply?

Yes, please read about the Secure Note in our How to Get Support article at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288. I’ve also provided that link in my previous reply. It’s important that you know how to effectively get support from us.

Are you not seeing the Secure Note button in your replies?

Thanks.

I found it and send a response already before your reply

Hi, from your last reaction I am not sure if you received my secure note. I sent it two you twice. Did you receive it?

Hi There,

The username or password for the WordPress admin is incorrect. Could you please double check?

We also need the FTP credentials for the manually update.

Thanks.

Sorry for that. Can you please try again with the same username and password? Just created a new editor and tried it. It works. Ftp credentials in secure note. Thanks!

Hey @sjoerdbruele,

I’m sorry but we could not help using the editor account. We need Admin level access.

The FTP credentials work.

Thanks.

Okay. You have those now. Same username and password.

Thank you. I uninstalled the old Cornerstone version and that fixed the validation issue.

After I validated your site, the latest version of Cornerstone was installed.

Hope that helps.

Thanks very much for your support. Great!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

I know the new version of Cornerstone, because I am using this for another X-them website

Hello @sjoerdbruele,

Are you facing the validation issue on the other website too? Can you please clarify as I am a bit confused with your reply.

If you are facing validation problem on the other website as well, then please try out the solution mentioned by @christian_y and see how it goes. If problem is still there, please let us know with proper login credentials in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.