Using X as digital signage solution

Hey all

I have been investigating possible solutions to digigital signage requirements for my chain of small bars. Basically, I need to create a URL that I can display on a screen, consisting of maybe four ‘slides’ to display beer menus, offers, events etc. Usual fare for digital signage yeah?

The off-the-shelf solutions such as Xibo, DigitalSinage Press, Foyer etc, all fit the job BUT I have an additional problem…

I need on-the-fly alterations for the beer menus as they occur, therefore I am relying on duty staff to carry out the updates so it can’t be complicated (I can barely get them to work the lights!).

My ideal solution would be to create either a Soliloquy or Revolution Slider within X and a seperate formattted table for the beer menu in another plugin such as TablePress and then embed the TablePress shortcode into the slider page so that staff only have to deal with the table. Then when the table is updted and saved, the slider will refresh on the fly.

Is this even possible? If so how do I achieve this (I have tried to embed shortcode but it just displays in the slide as text), or if not, can anyone suggest an alternative solution?

Thnaks for listening!

Phil.

This is an automated message to notify you that your thread was posted in the wrong forum, and it has been moved to the correct place. A member of our team will be happy to reply just as soon as your thread is up. How support works.

For support, please post all questions in the Support Forum.

For peer to peer conversations with other Themeco customers about tips, customizations, or suggestions you are welcome to use the Peer to Peer (no official support provided here).

For Design & Development, Marketing & Media, and Hosting & Optimization discussions you are welcome to use the General Forum to discuss with fellow Apex members about non Themeco related topics. Please keep this in mind in the future.

Thank-you!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.