Using Relevanssi for search and want to format search results page

Hi,
I am using Relevanssi for search and want to visually format the search results page.
How can I do that?
Thank you.

Hello @tbingel,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

What you are looking will require custom development and that falls outside the scope of the support we offer. However I am sharing few resources that you can refer and use to customize search page.

Team behind Relevanssi have published extensive user and developer documentation that you can refer:

You can also refer the best practices that we suggest while making customizations:

I am also sharing link to a tutorial that you can refer to get started to customize search page:

Thanks.

Hi again,
actually I was referring to the serch results page’s appearence customization rather than more in depth results organization and presentation stuff.
I vaguely remember that I had set the default page appearance during the stone age, but I cannot find it after so many development interface and engine changes that took place last two years.
So, I need to set the default page appearance I suppose. Frankly, I dug around but could not find any evidence as to how I did get that awful look myself :smiley:
Any suggestions?

Hi There,

The stack you were using define the search design/appearance. It will only change if you have a plugin or child theme customization for search page. These are the default design per stack:
http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/?s=stacks

http://demo.theme.co/ethos-1/?s=stacks

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the default appearance show. If it’s showing default X theme search page design, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. It not a plugin, try switching to main X theme from your child theme. Note to save a backup before doing this test.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.