Using Envelope Square Icon instead of Envelope - Not working

Hi there,
On my site, dylanhbrown.com, I am trying to change one of the icons in my footer to be the Envelope Square instead of the envelope.

I am using this JS to enable and show the envelope -

jQuery(’.x-social-global’).append(’’);

When I change the x-icon-envelope to x-icon-envelope-square, which is the icon I would like to use, nothing changes. How can I achieve using the Font Awesome Envelope Square icon?

Thanks!

Hi There @powrider686

Thanks for writing in! Upon testing, I can see the changes on your site.

This could be a caching issue on your end. Could you please try clearing your cache and test this issue again.

Hope that helps.

Hi there,
That is on the homepage that you are seeing that. I have it sucessfully implemented in the Slider.

I am needing to change the version in the Footer on all of the other pages besides the homepage. I have tested and cannot get any other envelope icon to work. How can I get the footer icon to be the envelope-square? -This is what I would like to show up - https://fontawesome.com/icons/envelope-square?style=solid

This is the code I am currently using:

Query('.x-social-global').append('<a href="mailto:dylan@dylanhbrown.com"><i class="x-icon x-icon-envelope" data-x-icon="" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>');

When I update it to x-icon-envelope-square, nothing changes. I have cleared all of the caching too.

Thanks.

Hi,

Please change your code to this.

jQuery('.x-social-global').append('<a href="mailto:dylan@dylanhbrown.com"><i class="x-icon x-icon-envelope" data-x-icon-s="&#xf199;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>');

Hope that helps.

Hey Paul,
Thanks but when I put that in it just removes the icon altogether. I looked for a typo but couldn’t identify the problem.

How can I update this?

Thanks for the help!

Hi @powrider686.

Please backup your website completely and update the X theme to version 6.2.4 and the Cornerstone to version 3.2.4 and the code my colleague gave will work.

Thank you.

Ok that worked to change the icon, BUT in the process it also updated to v5 of all the Font Awesome icons which changed the menu Double Down icon to be much fatter. Is there a way to get the light version back from Font Awesome 4.7? Or how would I go about implementing Font Awesome Pro to get the light version of Double Down?

Thanks for the help.

Hello There,

Regretfully you cannot go back to Font Awesome 4.7. X 6.x.x and Cornerstone 3.x.x is now using Font Awesome 5. There is already an on going development to integrate Font Awesome Pro in the theme. We do not know how it will works or when it will be out. Once our developments have figured this out, it will be updated and rolled out in the next release update cycle.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.