Using ConvertPlug with Mailchimp form code

Hi. I’m trying to create an elegant version of what I had with the Mailchimp Addon (that I now realize I would have to pay $99/year for if I wanted to keep it). Since I wouldn’t be utilizing all of the capabilities of that addon, it’s a big expense for not much function.

So here’s my question: When I create the form using my own code (from Mailchimp), it creates a fairly large, clunky form. What I would prefer is to have a small, unobtrusive slider with a signup button, and when it is clicked, a popup with the form appears. Is there a way to do that? I’m kind of spinning my wheels here trying to figure it out.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, yes that is possible with ConvertPlus’ Modal Pop up. Apply a unique Class to your button, and then add that CLASS on your Pop up, under Manual Display > Launch With CSS Class tab.

Also, there is the Content Area Modal element of Cornerstone, it acts as a button that launches a Modal box.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Feeling very confused here.

I explored the “modal popup” feature but still can’t figure out how to make my form launch AFTER clicking the button on the little slide-in that appears.

I also tried using one of the pre-made simple slide-ins that has a button. I used the class from that button and then created a different slide-in with my form. I set it to launch with that class (hoping that the slide-in with the button would appear, and after you click the button, the other one would appear). This is extremely confusing to me.

Can you either give me more information on how to actually make this happen (pretend I’m really, really dumb) or point me to some documentation that clearly explains it. (I can’t find it anywhere, maybe because ConverPlug doesn’t want you to do it this way because then you won’t pay the big bucks for their add-on?)

Thank you so much!!! :confused:

Hi There,

Sorry for the confusion, please forgot the ConvertPlus and Class trigger for now, and let’s try the Content Area Modal element.

Please paste that code on the Content Area Modal content.

You can style the Content Area Modal toggle to make it more like a button in the Toggle tab.

If that did not work, please provide us your code (from Mailchimp)

Hope that shed some lights,
Cheers!

I’m so sorry but I’m still not getting this figured out. I created a content areal modal but there several issues with it.

1. There is no short code in the content area like I see on your example, only the Mailchimp code I pasted in. So I’m not sure how to get a ConvertPlug slide-in to even bring up this form after you click on the button (on the slide-in).

2. I realize that when you click the button on this form, it actually takes you to an online Mailchimp version of the same form, which is not what I want. I want it to simply put the person on the list after they fill-in this form.

This stuff is all so confusing! Now I’m going to try to figure out how to leave a private message and send you the Mailchimp code…

Thank you SO much for your help!!! :pray:

Hi @creatorofstuff,

Again please do not mind the ConvertPlus (you can deactivate it).

Sorry for the confusion, on my screenshot I pasted a shortcode because I was using a plugin for my forms.

On your case please paste the code you get from the MailChimp

That is your actual form inside a modal box.

If this is still not clear, please provide us login credentials in a secure note, and let us know which page you do want to place the Content Area Modal toggle/button.

Thanks,

I think this is clear but the part that is not clear is how you get that modal to be a popup that appears AFTER you click a button on a ConvertPlug (or something like it) slider. I specifically want a slider to slide in the way the ConvertPlug does because I can’t stand popups that suddenly block what you are trying to see on a website.

Does this make sense? This is the scenario I envision:

1. You are on a page of the website.
  2. A small, unobtrusive slider comes in near the bottom of the page. On it is a message with a button to “sign up”.
  3. After you click that button, THEN the modal appears.

What am I missing? Thanks again for your great help!

Hi,

Regretfully what you are trying to achieve will require some custom codes, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thanks for understanding. Take care!

Too bad it took 7 days to get across to you what I was looking for. And it’s really too bad I can’t do what I’m trying to do.

BUT

Let me go back to the modal for one moment to see if I understand it. Maybe I can do something with that instead. Are you saying that once I create the modal (which to me seems like just a page), I could have a button somewhere on my site that would bring up that “modal” when someone clicks it? I don’t really get what you do with the modal once you create it.

Thanks.

Hi @creatorofstuff,

If you use the Content Are Modal element, that element actually had a button and modal in its options. The button settings are available inside the Toggle tab. Please kindly read the article below for more information about the Content Area Modal element:
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/elements-content-area-modal/10224 (Search for toggle)

So the Toggle is actually the button that will bring up the modal. Inside the modal will be your form code:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.