Use "mailto:" link in Essentials Grid

I am trying to use Essentials Grid to create a staff page on my site. When someone mouseovers the staff picture, I’d like the link that appears to be a mailto for each individual’s email address. I have setup the custom meta to use for each picture, but the I can’t get the link to work right. On the one I am testing the email address is penielpr@aol.com so I am using the link “mailto:penielpr@aol.com” but on the page it links me to “aol.com” instead of making it a “mailto” link.

Hi,

I checked your site and browse through the pages but couldn’t find any essential grid.
Can you provide us the exact url of the page where we can see the issue and if you wouldn’t mind providing us a screenshot of the backend settings.

Thanks

Thanks for checking into this. The staff page is the one with the grid:
http://www.penielrehab.com/x37yq/peniel-staff/

and I attached the screenshot.

Hey @penielpr,

Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your grid settings? It could be a setting or just the way the grid is changing the link which I am not sure of.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Note created, thank you.

Hello Durean,

I have logged and investigated the issue. I found out that the grid does not allow you to insert mailto:. It seems that emails are not allowed in the link href. This is a restriction from the plugin that we cannot resolve. I would suggest that you link it to a contact us page instead. You may create a form and allow that user to have a selection (dropdown) where to send their message.

Hope this helps.

OK, I see.

I did notice there are some other templates that have an email icon. Does that mean those would not work either?

Hello Durean,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Another support staff here. I checked your website and Essential Grid settings and it seems it wont allow Email link to be entered. However, you do have option to adding URL hyperlink. This seems to be a limitation of Essential Grid. My colleague @RueNel has suggested a solution that you can consider.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.