URGENT - Templates Missing and Not Loading

We recently migrated our site and everything is working except for two template-based pages. They are showing up as empty.

When I try to load the template they were created with, it says “success!” but nothing appears.

I also created a new template and tried to load that - same issue.

Our site has been down for 24 hours now and we need to fix this ASAP - please advise, thank you!

It seems we are also having an issue with the page next-steps

I have also done all of the following things to troubleshoot:

If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

Hello @clientattraction,

Thanks for writing in!

I am suspecting that the migration was not done properly. How did you migrate the site? Did you use a plugin or have manually migrated the site? I would recommend that you review this documentation first:

Please let us know how it goes.

We did the Migration with UpdraftPlus. Everything is working except for the templates. How do we get those working?

Hello @clientattraction,

You will need to migrate the page templates one by one. Please see "Working with Templates’ section in this knowledge base article:

Please let us know how it goes.

So you’re saying that unless I exported the templates before migrating the site, they are lost? Why would they not be included in the rest of the backup?

Hello @clientattraction,

The contents of the page or templates were saved in a metadata attached to the pages. These metadata or cornerstone data is important so that the page will display and be editable in Cornerstone page builder. As long as the backup were done properly and nor corrupted, the metadata or cornerstone data should be in tack. If ever Updraft plugin changed or modified the metadata, then you may no longer be able to retrieve those data.

Is your old site or staging site still up? We want to check and do a comparison so that we can figure out how to resolve your issue.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.