Urgent: Cornerstone has vanished from my site

I can’t work on the site at all until I get this resolved.

I installed MaxCDN in connection with the W3 Total Cache plugin. Now Cornerstone isn’t showing up at all as an option when I go to create a new post. The Cornerstone icon shows up when I click on the link under X at the top of my Dashboard, but it doesn’t load. Any suggestions? I cleared the cache for W3 Total Cache and I purged the cache on the CDN section of W3.

UPDATE: I just went through the latest updates step by step on my other website that uses X + Cornerstone + W3Total Cache + MaxCDN. Cornerstone is still working great after all the updates – except the one update I didn’t make was updating Cornerstone itself. So it’s working as version 3.0.4 but not as version 3.1.2 (which is on my other site now).

Can I reinstall version 3.0.4 on the site that isn’t working? And if so, how do I do that?

Hi @pearlmultimedia,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, you could reinstall cornerstone by downloading the cornerstone of your site that has the working cornerstone then upload it in the cornerstone where is not working. You could do it via FTP.

For more details on how to do manual updates or installtion, check the link below. This could be a guide to do it.

On the other hand, If possible, you could replicate your site that has a bug or error in a staging site. Then share us your admin credentials so we could check further your setup and could be added for the next fix release.

Thank you so much.

I did revert back to Cornerstone 3.0.4. After that it was showing up as available, but it didn’t work. It just kept spinning. So I had to revert my version of the X theme back to 5.2.5. Now everything is working fine. It looks like X 6.1.2 doesn’t play nicely with Cornerstone 3.0.4 or 3.1.2. How will I know at what point should I try updating again?

Now the problem I’m having is that the mobile menu is staying open all the time. How do I solve that?

Hi there,

I could be caused by different factors depending on your setup. We have just released an update for X 6.1.3 and Cornerstone 3.1.3. You may update to the latest version but it would be best to do this on a staging site.

In case you will still have the same issue, please provide us with the login details of the staging site so that we could check it.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.