URGENT - Cornerstone Area not working after updates - pages keep reloading

I’ve just updated cornerstone and x theme and now can’t edit any of my pages in Cornerstone. I go on holiday tomorrow and really need to get some changes done!

Hello @PollenBird,

Thanks for writing in! After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hiya, cleared caches and still not working. It would be great if you could help. Thanks

Hi @pollenbird,

I’ve confirmed this happens with the latest version of Cornerstone if you are using a version of WordPress older than 5.0. We are looking into ways to keep compatibility with older WordPress versions.

For now you could resolve this by updating to the latest version of WordPress, or by installing the previous version of Cornerstone and X. You can find these downloads on you account dashboard labeled “stability release”.

Hi @alexander

Thanks for this. I haven’t updated to the latest wp version yet as I want to clear a day to deal with it if it blows up my site!

How does the stability release work? Do I just upload it as a plugin? I’ve never done this before so would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

OK…so bit the bullet and updated to latest WP version. I’m on holiday from tomorrow and really needed to get some updates done.

Cornerstone now seems to be working and my website has not self combusted (phew).

Hi @pollenbird,

Ok! Glad to hear everything is ok. We just pushed the next version of Cornerstone (3.5.2) including the compatibility fix.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.