Upgrading to Pro on staging

Hello everyone.

So I’m looking to upgrade to Pro on one of my sites and while I’m familiar with the process on another site, I just want to take precaution upgrading this time around. The recommendation is to backup and test on staging before proceeding to upgrade in the live environment, which brings me to my question: how the heck do you convert to Pro JUST on staging? or will I get the option when I confirm that I want to switch over? I couldn’t find info on the ‘how’ portion.

Thanks as always!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Basically you will need to convert the X license to Pro first, which means if you have live site running X theme, you no longer be able to validate it. You can find more information here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/x-to-pro-conversion/104).

Another option would be to test it using a separate Pro license.

Hope that’s clear.

Hi @mldarshana,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I couldn’t understand completely. Actually, I had forgotten that the conversion was a two step process: first convert on back end then upload the necessary files. For whatever reason, I thought that simply switching over license would magically upload the necessary files, etc. That was kind of amateur of me lol.

At any rate, there is one important piece of information the conversion guide can use, which is letting the person know that they must move any custom templates, styles from styles.css and custom functions for functions.php to the new theme. In my case, I went from X and X-child to Pro and Pro-child. I had to transfer quite a bit of data for full functionality. Unless there was an easier way to do this and I failed to see it?

Thanks for your help! I did manage to convert without any hiccups.

Thanks for sharing!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.