Upgrading to PRO - Guides?

I’m on X - wanting to go to PRO - finding that a lot has changed in the file names & structures. I have lots of mods in x-child theme - was looking for a guide as to what those are.

IE I have _header, _footer, _index, _meta, nav-primary, _topbar.php mods in my framework/views/global on x-child - but some of these have moved or been eliminated.

Is there a guide out there on those changes?

Dealing with x-site and x-root issues want to make sure I can take advantage of those.

Thanks- Todd

Hey,

Thank you for writing in!

This article ought to help you: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/x-to-pro-conversion/104

I knew most of this - but it doesn’t address about updating x-child theme mods I have - see this response from another staff member on my update to Pro.

“Probably more important than the first, as you mentioned you are using a child theme. While your Themeco products appear to be updated, your markup is not reflecting some of the most recent changes that we’ve included into the theme to ensure that everything works properly. Most notably, the new x-root element is not wrapping your site contents, and your site div does not include the new x-site class, which is used for a lot of the new content builders in Pro to output properly. This leads me to believe that you likely have old views in your child theme that you have not updated along with your updates to the theme.”

Hi,

You can compare the files you added in your child theme with the corresponding files in your parent theme and do the necessary changes.

If you can share the list of files that you have added in your child theme, we can help you put those in the right directories.

For example in PRO the header files are now located in wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global
so you need to follow that directory in your child theme eg. wp-content\themes\pro-child\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global

Then do the same for all other files.

Thanks

Thanks Paul -
In my pro child I have:
_content-post-header.php, wp-header.php and wp-page.php in the framework/views/integrity folder
_footer.php, _header.php, _index.php, _meta.php, _nav-primary.php, _topbar.php in the framework/views/global folder

Appreciate the help - Thanks - Todd

Hi There,

All these folders are inside legacy folder now, so you will need to add all of them inside the legacy folder, please check your parent theme to compare so you are sure you are adding the correct path

Hope it helps