Upgrading from 5.2.5 to 6.3, 500 page errors

Hi @Rad, I spoke to our tech guys and we need to whitelist your IP. Can you provide it? Feel free to edit this post and add a secure note if you don’t want to post it publicly.

Also, are you using SFTP or FTP? The connection requires SFTP.

Hi There,

Sorry, but we can not provide a specific IP as we are from a different part of the World and using a dynamic IPs. Is that the site in question? (see secure note) If I don’t point your domain to the IP that you provided I get that site, which still using X 5.2.5, If I do point the domain it gives me the This site can’t be reached error.

Would you mind cloning your site to a staging environment and update your X and Cornerstone there first and see if the issue occurs, If not then you’ll know its a server-side issue. If the issue persists, please allow us access to that cloned site so we can take a closer look on the issue.

Thanks,

Please disregard the previous post we made. I deleted it. Accurate information will be attached to this one.

Hi,

When I do changes in host file I am getting this

Kindly check the ip again then please provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note as well.

Thanks

This is the info:

Hello @BMC,

Thanks for updating in!

The image were added in the secure note and the thread is unlisted. Only you and our staff can see it.

The issue is still the same. The url cannot be accessed.

Please double check the given details.

Please try https. The site uses SSL. You will also need to use SFTP, not FTP.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Sorry but no luck, neither works SFTP and https://webdev-www.biblica.com/ please check the URL and IP that you provided. Is the site that I screenshot above not the correct site?

Please check.

Thanks,

My apologies. I had given you the internal IP. You’ll need to put the external IP in your host file. My fault. Again, sorry for the mixup!

Hello @BMC,

We can now access your site. Please have your WP username and password updated so that we can login. I can see that you have installed 5.2.5 with Cornerstone 3.3.6. Do you have any custom code in your child theme’s functions.php or in a child theme’s template file? I have a hunch that something in your modifications is causing the error 500 when you updated to X theme 6.3. Please let us have some access to your site so that we can inspect it.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, SFTP and WP-admin logins are both attached.

Thanks.

We do have custom code in our child functions.php, but even when we removed the child theme entirely, the upgrade did not work.

Hello @BMC,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Can you please confirm the admin login details as it’s not working and I am getting error message (see secure note)?

Thanks.

Please try now. Thanks!

Hi,

I was able to login to sftp but it seems that it doesn’t have the right access. I could not see your wordpress files, only a blank directory.

Please update your theme and cornerstone in your staging manually using our guide on the link below

If there is an error kindly leave it as is so we can check what is causing it.

Thanks

Hi. Please navigate to the following path.

Hi There,

Would you mind deactivating all your plugins by renaming the plugins folder?

And please delete your current version of Cornerstone (3.3.6) that is not compatible with (X5.2.5), re-install the Cornerstone using the cornerstone.zip file provided here /x/framework/plugins

Then navigate to Dashboard > Updates and click the Check Again button, lets see if the X automatic update works.

And can you try deactivating your child theme? and Network activate the parent X Theme instead? I see a lot of customization in your child theme, and most likely one or multiple of this customization is conflicting with the latest X.

And is your site under CloudFlare? If so, please login to your CloudFlare dashboard and Purge the Cache.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

What is the exact link to the latest Cornerstone plugin? theme.co/x/framework/plugins returns a 404.

Hello @BMC,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I am sharing the link in secure note that you can use to download Cornerstone.

Thanks.

Hi There,

It is inside your X theme folder www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/plugins/cornerstone.zip

This cornerstone.zip installer is always the compatible version of Cornerstone with the X version you have.

After you make the Cornerstone the right version, activate your parent X theme and try to update it using the automatic update (Dashboard > Updates > Check Again).

We always advise users to always update on the latest version, but in your case, since you have a lot of customization on your child theme that might not work on X6, you might want to stay with X5. Else you need to edit/modified your customization to make it compatible with the latest X version.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.