Upgraded to X 6.2.4 and Revolution Slider is not showng

As the update of X Theme from 6.0.4 to 6.2.4 didn’t work well on my regular site (www.fca-design.com), I re-installed version 6.0.4 from a backed-up version so my site will work. I then set up a local host test site on my computer using MAMP (I’m on an iMac) and installed the version using X 6.0.4. That tested fine. I updated to 6.2.4 and as expected Revolution Slider doesn’t work/show on my homepage. I turned off all the extra plugins and it didn’t make a difference, so there doesn’t seem to be plug-in conflicts. I checked the settings for Revolution Slider and it showed an error, the maximum upload on the media library is 8 MB. I checked the previous settings on my site w/6.0.4 and it is 64 MB. Both versions of X are running on Wordpress 4.9.7. Also the validation page for X 6.2.4 on my local site doesn’t display properly as well. I’m including screen shots of the Revolution Slider page and Validation page from the Wordpress Dashboard of my local site running X 6.2.4. Not sure you can get into my local site on my computer, but I would like to get this solved before I update my live site. Any help would be appreciated. I’m using X Theme, Renew.

Thanks,
Felice Croul
felice@fca-design.com

Hi Felice ,

When updating Xtheme please make sure to update Cornerstone and all your other plugins.

The latest version number as of this time are:

X 6.2.4
Cornerstone 3.2.4
Revolution Slider 5.4.8

After updating, don’t forget to clear plugin cache, browser cache and system’s cache(under X> Settings)

Thanks

Thanks! I updated Cornerstone to 3.2.4 and everything seems to be working fine. I thought that when X Theme updated so did Cornerstone and I didn’t have to do it separately. It no longer asks for Revolution Slider to be updated, it’s currently at 5.3.1.5. I thought that we are supposed to leave it at whatever version is included w/X and not update it. It does seem to be working fine now.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Should I update Revolution Slider to 5.4.8? I is working fine at 5.3.1.5.

Hi There,

Yes, you did already update the Wordpress, Themes, and Cornerstone, so you might want to update the Revolution Slider to the latest supported version (5.4.8) now as well. And other outdated extensions and bundle plugins that come with X.

Latest Version Compatibility

Cheers!

Thanks so much for your help!

I’m confused. I can’t automatically update Revolution Slider through the WordPress Dashboard as it’s not registered w/Theme Punch. Your documentation says to leave it at the version that comes w/the theme. I assumed that when the theme updates, so do the bundled plugins. If not, how do I update Revolution Slider to 5.4.8?

I figured it out and found where the updates are in the dashboard. Thanks again, it all works well and is updated.

Glad to hear that.:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.