Upgraded to php 7 and seems to mess something up in X Theme

I realize that is a little vague. But yesterday I upgraded all the sites on my server to PHP 7.0. (Not 7.1)

Everything went fine except for the two sites running Theme X. Not blaming anyone - love the theme. But all I want is some help figuring out what went wrong. I’m using Wordpress 4.9.4 with a host of plugins activated.

All In One WP Security
Version 4.3.2 |

Cornerstone
Version 2.1.7 |

Custom Facebook Feed
Version 2.4.6

Easy Twitter Feed Widget
Version 0.9 |

Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights
Version 6.2.8 |

Instagram Feed
Version 1.6 |

Simple 301 Redirects
Version 1.07 |

Tour Dates
Version 1.1.4 |

Wordfence Security
Version 7.0.5 |

WP Fastest Cache
Version 0.8.7.7 |

WPForms Lite
Version 1.4.4.1 |

X – Content Dock
Version 1.1.4 |

X – Email Forms (MailChimp)
Version 1.1.2 |

Yoast SEO

Any help would certainly be appreciated. If I can get one site to work, I can most certainly get the other. But am just stuck at the moment. Any other questions I can answer, or an option for paid support, please let me know. Thanks!

Turned off all plugins(except those related to theme X), tried to add a page, once in cornerstone I could not add a section.

Increased Max Execution Time to 120.

Saved page before trying to edit in Cornerstone.
1 - Add New Page
2 - Save as Contact Us
3 - Went to ALL PAGES
4 - Clicked on Contact Us>Cornerstone
5 - Page refreshes with all pages appearing to the left
6 - Clicked on Contact Us>Edit
7 - Cornerstone Icon pulsates once and page just sites ther without refreshing and Cornerstone Icon in the middle of it.

XVersion: 5.2.5

Hi there,

Thank you for all the detailed information. I accessed your website and tried the About page and found out there is an Error 500:

That is a general error, that is why I used the ?cs_debug=1 parameter to reload the cUrl of the cornerstone-endpoint on your case and found out that the actual error is:

That indicates your hosting service provider does not have enough memory to run the PHP 7.0 with the theme, cornerstone, and plugins installed. Please read the article below to know how you should increase the PHP memory limit:

You may need to contact your hosting service provider if you are on a shared hosting.

Thank you.

Hi - just tried that by adjusting my wp-config file to 512. Did not seem to work. Flushed cached too. Should I try a higher memory limit - if so what? Or should the memory limit be set by hosting company in the ini file?

Without doing too much checking - that did seem to work (memory set at host server as opposed to configure file). Will look at it closer tonight. I still have another site down in everything except the front page.

Hi there,

Upon checking your site, it seems that you don’t have X theme or Cornerstone installed on your site (see secure note).

Please download the latest X theme from your Enavto account, install and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Yeah, I’m a dummy! My fault. :smile:

No worries :smiley:

512MB Still does not seem to work well. The sections show up on the left side of the editing page - but still not on the right side preview.

Hi there,

I think you should clear your browser cache too (server-side caches due to plugins are different), increasing it to 512mb fixed it and it’s now working on my end without any issue or error.

Thanks!

Hey Rad - thanks for the quick reply - can you test the home page na dlet me know also while I clear all the caches. Thx

That seemed to fix it. I just have to remember to clear all my caches and history whenever I edit. Wish there were an easier way - but it works for now. Thanks!

Also - I get zero response from Contact Form 7 people - but had to strip that plugin from all the websites using it. I upgraded php on my server and broke all contact forms. Zero reply from them.

Hey There,

It’s good to know that it is working now.

For your contact form, if possible, you can try out other forms such as Gravity Forms or Ninja Forms.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.