Upgraded to latest theme version and old css not working

This was a site built on an early version of X theme around 3 years ago. At the time i received some css to remove the logo from the header but only on the home page. Now this css is not working.
As follows:

}.home .x-navbar .x-brand {
display:none;
}

Thanks!

Hello @norwestarch,

Thanks for writing in and we’re sorry to hear that you seem to be experiencing some issues with this. Regarding the CSS to hide the logo on your website, we will need a URL to look at things first-hand so that we can accurately diagnose the problem. Without a URL to the live site where the problem is happening, it is nearly impossible to tell what is going on.

That being said, if the CSS you’re using is truly setup the way you have it in the snippet you’ve provided with the leading closing curly brace (}) before the CSS selector, this could likely be the source of your problem. Please ensure that each CSS selector you have starts and ends with the appropriate opening and closing curly braces, like so:

.my-selector-1 {
  /* styles here... */
}

.my-selector-2 {
  /* styles here... */
}

.my-selector-3 {
  /* styles here... */
}

For your example, please make sure to remove this curly brace if it doesn’t correspond with another selector, like so:

.home .x-navbar .x-brand {
  display: none;
}

Another thing that could be going on if you truly haven’t updated at all in 3 years is that we now utilize different child themes than we first did when X was launched. When X was launched, users had to utilize a different child theme depending on the Stack they were using. Now, we only have 1 main child theme that works for any Stack. You can read about how to download and setup this new child theme here in our Knowledge Base:

Once you download and install that child theme and activate the new one, if all you had was CSS in your old child theme, simply move it over to the new child theme’s style.css file and you should be all set.

Hopefully that all helps to point you in the right direction. Cheers!

That’s awesome and your advice has solved the issue by removing the curly brace as per your second example.
.home .x-navbar .x-brand {
display: none;
}

Thanks very much!

Hey,

You are welcome!

1 Like