Upgraded Theme, But Having Cornerstone Issues

Have the automatic update functionality enabled. Installed new update to theme successfully but Cornerstone is not showing up. Set permissions feature, so that’s not the problem. Don’t use Cloudflare. Have read other threads with similar issues, but nothing seems to correspond. Ideas?

Thanks,
Marie

Hi Marie,

I checked your website frontend and here is what I get:

The 403 error which you see in the screenshot is a permission problem regarding the files (Not the settings inside the Wordpress Dashboard). You will need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to fix the problem for you. Here is detailed information about the correct file permissions a Wordpress website should have:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Hi There,

Upon checking your website, I could see you have 36 active plugins.

Please try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Hope it helps.

As mentioned in the original note, I did deactivate plugins. Other ideas?

Hello There,

Cornerstone is not working because there is a JS error on the page. You somehow added this custom JS code:

<!-- Custom Twitter Feeds JS -->
        <script type="text/javascript">
            window.ctf_custom_js = function($){<a class="twitter-timeline" data-width="250" data-height="300" data-link-color="#9E0303" href="https://twitter.com/AllenWest?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">Tweets by AllenWest</a> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>}
        </script>

Please remove this custom JS block and test Cornerstone again.

Thanks, RueNel,

I was already having Cornerstone issues before I added that plugin. I’ve now deleted it, and am still having Cornerstone issues.

EDITED TO ADD: My favicon is gone, too…and I can’t edit it because I can’t see anything in Cornerstone…

Thanks

Hello There,

Please deactivate Autoptimize and WP Super Cache plugin first and then update to the latest version.
Our latest versions are:
- X theme 6.2.0
- Cornerstone 3.2.0

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

Cleared cache before and after updating…still not working for me. Did the automatic update. Deactivated all plugins before update.

Hey Marie,

No, the automatic update does not deactivate plugins before updating.

Please give us FTP or cPanel access so we could troubleshoot deeper. If we still can’t figure out what’s causing the issue after checking your wp-config and htaccess, we’ll need you to copy your site to a staging server so we could test X only.

Thanks.

I didn’t say that the automatic update deactivated plugins, I said that I deactivated all plugins before I ran the update. Hope that helps to clarify what I did. Even after that, Cornerstone was not working.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

I logged in and created a test page in your site. I have successfully launch and used Cornerstone.
Please check out the secure note:

I also noticed that most of your pages were created outside of Cornerstone. Please be advised that you won’t be able to edit pages that were not originally created in Cornerstone. On the other hand, if you have switched between editors, you might not be able to go back to edit the page in Cornerstone because the cornerstone data might have been corrupted.

Could you please provide us which of the pages you are experiencing an issue where in you cannot load it in Cornerstone?

Thank you in advance.

That’s weird. Before the the most recent upgrades, I had been using the main theme. Before upgrading, I backed everything up, cleared cache, deactivated plugins and created the child theme. So the child theme is what I am using now. The Front Page is the page I am having trouble with, and is the one I used Cornerstone with.

Thanks!

Hi There,

If you can confirm that you did not edit your Home page outside the Cornerstone. Then copy the entire shortcodes on your Home, paste it on a text editor (e.g. notepad) and save it as a backup.

Then open your home page in Cornerstone, if you did not edit that page outside of Cornerstone, you should still able to see the elements in it.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.