Upgrade to X Pro... Who Knows? Header / Footer Builder Demo Suggestion

Hi Xters…

Have been an X Theme user for a couple of years and just purchased a second license to build a website for my wife. I’ve been considering upgrading both sites to Pro, but your feature documentation about the differences between the two themes isn’t helping much.

The only big difference between the two is supposed to be the Header & Footer Builders. I get that these are involved interfaces with learning curves, but the video posted in your introduction is unwatchable because it’s so long (over 1:15:00) and was obviously done without enough preparation or consideration for the viewer’s experience. I haven’t had any luck finding recent independent videos online that fared better in providing a sensible overview of Pro and the Header/Footer Builders either.

Though it might seem like a good idea to ‘build a header…’ it just doesn’t work in your video. The pacing is very slow and confused with a lot of humming and hawing and jumping back and forth to sort out tiny details. Though this might be a little more bearable for someone marginally acquainted with the Header Builder, for the uninitiated it’s a meandering, incomprehensible mess lol.

For introductory purposes newbies might be better served by a 25 minute video that’s been scripted beforehand and narrated briskly which goes through the features in a serial fashion. Here’s the first set of parameters, they do this - Bang!.. here’s the second set of parameters - Bang!,… and the third, fourth, and fifth… Bang, Bang, Bang! Large screenshots of the parameter pages might be helpful in this regard too. It’s not important that you know how to build a header (or footer) in Pro to make up your mind about the upgrade… we just need to know what the capabilities are and what we’re getting into.

I personally don’t mind spending a few hours looking at videos and researching what is likely to be an important decision with long-term consequences. Better (and more recent) longer-form videos and documentation detailing the use of both the builders and the Pro theme in general would be appreciated too.

Which brings me to the suggestion that you launch a hands-on, navigable Pro demo website if possible (or at least hands-on Header & Footer Builder demo sites.) This might save you lots of time answering questions about the products, Cornerstone integration, etc. and avoid the need for excessive videos and updating them. It also would give potential buyers more confidence in their ability to use Pro Theme’s Header and Footer Builders as there are more than a few comments online from frustrated user’s who are having difficulty using them.

In any case, I still don’t have a clue what the right decision is regarding upgrading and am sure I’m not alone… waddya think?

Thanks…

Hi @ajonesx,

We certainly appreciate the feedback and we understand every point you have, exactly one of the reasons why we started a Youtube Channel. Unfortunately, we don’t have many videos about header and footer builder yet as our focus is still on the Content Builder and the new feature Grid element (which also only available to PRO) but I will forward your concern to the team.

We are also on track on building our new site and that includes the updated documentation. The only video that I can point you now as a starting point of learning is the Header and Footer Builder Introduction (which, like you said is a 1 hour long video)

As much as I want our users to upgrade to PRO, but If your header/footer does not require a complex design and you’re not ready to upgrade yet, then keep X for awhile. Or you can start building your Wife’s site in Pro and learn how the header/footer works along the way. You still even have the standard header and footer options in the Theme Options if you don’t wish to use the Header and Footer Builder.

Feel free to write us a ticket if you’re stuck on something.

Have a nice day,
Cheers!

Hi Friech,

Thanks for your response… I’m really hoping that a hands-on, usable demo site for the Pro Theme (or at least for the Header / Footer Builder) is something that’s do-able. This would leave no doubt about the comparative functionality of the two themes and might encourage more users to make the switch (and keep a bunch of other user’s happily in X Theme and not bothering support lol!)

Best Regards

You are most welcome.
Your feedback has been noted.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.