Upgrade from 1.2.7 Pro to 2.5.5 Pro

I haven’t updated for a while so I would like to know if I will have to do any reformatting if I upgrade from 1.2.7 to 2.5.5

Hi Dean,

Thank you for writing in, is the site in question is the (The Cake Queen)? I don’t see any template modification (.php file editing) on that site. So yeah, it is safe to update your Pro theme to the latest version.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

I see that site is under CloudFlare, remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

CloudFlare Support - How do I purge my cache

Actually, I would recommend that you update the Theme and all your plugins to the latest versions since you already have the latest version of Wordpress (5.2.1) install on your site. Sooner or later you’ll encounter incompatibility issues not only with the theme but with plugin as well, if you keep Wordpress updated but leaving the theme and plugins behind.

If you do have a staging site/dev site, please do the updating there first to see what minor issue that may occur after updating. It probably just a settings adjustment, but all in all, no you won’t do any reformatting.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.