Updating X from older version?

Hi there

I have an old version of X (2.6.0) and now I am a bit confused about how to update to the latest version. The wordpress dashboard does’t notify me of a newer version of X and if i download from my Apex account I don’t get the zip file only the unzipped file (as I understand it I need the zipped file in order to reinstall or update the theme?)

I have tried to log in to my envato account to purchase the zip file from there, but unfortunately I have forgotten my login details (user name and/or email).

I have recently purchased another X license for my brothers website and have set up separate account in his name, but with one of my other email addresses. So whenever I try to log in to my own envato account I am automatically transferred to his account. I realize that I have sort of made a mess of things, but I hope you can help me on how I update X for my own website signetrier.dk.

Its not important for me to keep the current settings/customizations for my site since I want to rebuild the site - however I like to keep the content.

I hope this is not too confusing :slight_smile:

Best from Signe

Hi There,

First, please backup your site.

The file from Apex dashboard is the zip file. In this case, you have to manually update your X theme.

All your content will be safe when you update the themes & plugins.

I recommend you to take a look at this article for manually update X theme & plugin:

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @thai

Thanks for your support. I haven’t had time to follow your instructions yet - but just a quick question which might seems stupid: How do you recommend that I backup my site before proceeding? :slightly_smiling_face:
Best from Signe

Hi Signe,

If you follow our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126) you can see the steps of how to backup and restore your website.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.