Updating X 3.2.2 and Visual Composer 4.3.5

Hey there,

I have an old website build on X-Theme 3.2.2 bundled with the Visual Composer 4.3.5 installed. Unfortunately I can’t edit pages anymore, the Visual Composer isn’t starting at all. What would be the best update procedure for X and Visual Composer so that I can work on the site again? Or do I need to change to the new X or Pro with rebuilding the entire website?

Regards.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

We can’t suggest you to build the site again from beginning. I can give you some troubleshooting process to see if the issue can resolved.
First of all please try to update your theme and plugin to latest version. Please check the update guid.

Also update the Visual composer to lates version. Always take backup of your entire website before updating to avoid any damage.

Also you can follow this troubleshooting too.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    `
    define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
    ``

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.